In exchange for tuition and fee support services, 21st Century Scholars make a commitment to excellence in school and in life. When students enroll in seventh or eighth grade, they pledge to:
- Graduate with an Indiana High School Diploma from a state-accredited high school;
- Participate in the Scholar Success Program that helps them plan, prepare and pay for college success;
- Achieve a cumulative high school Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Not use illegal drugs or alcohol, or commit a crime or delinquent act; and
- Apply for college admission and financial aid on-time as a high school senior.