Collection Agency Licensing
- Collection Agency NMLS Webinar Information
- Collection Agencies Renewing in 2012 must submit applications through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System ("NMLS")
- New application submitted after November 1, 2012, must be submitted through the NMLS
- Information about the renewal Process
- Click here to go to the NMLS
- Note - transitioning to the NMLS is based on the renewal of the main office. Branch offices set to renew this year with the main office renewing in 2013 are not required to transition to the NMLS or file an application. The bond form linked below must be submitted for that branch office.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the initial application requirements?
- Collection Agency application
- $5,000 original surety bond for each location
- $100 filing fee for main office
- $30 filing fee for each branch office
What are the renewal application requirements?
- Renewal application packet is due by December 1 of the year in which the license expires
- Requirements to renew the license is the same for obtaining an initial license
What is the licensing period?
- Initial license expires on December 31 of the year following issuance of the license
- Renewal license is valid for two years, expiring on December 31