Collection Agency Licensing
- During the 2013 renewal season, the division will complete the transition of all Collection Agencies to the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System ("NMLS"). Those Collection Agencies that transitioned to the NMLS in 2012 should refer to follow the NMLS newnewal procedures. Those Collection Agencies that renewed through the Division in 2012 should follow the NMLS transition procedures.
- New applications submitted after November 1, 2012, must be submitted through the NMLS
- Click here to go to the NMLS
- Information about the renewal Process
If you believe that you have been the victim of a violation of the FDCPA you may contact the Indiana Attorney General Consumer Protection Division.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the initial application requirements?
- Collection Agency application filed through the NMLS
- $5,000 original surety bond for each location
- $100 filing fee for main office
- $30 filing fee for each branch office
What are the renewal application requirements?
- Renewal application packet is due by December 1 of the year in which the license expires
- Requirements to renew the license is the same for obtaining an initial license
What is the licensing period?
- A license expires on December 31st of the year in which the license was issued.
- Collection Agency licenses must be renewed annually.