Answer Key: Chapter One
CHAPTER 1: Poll Worker duties
1. CORRECT ANSWER: A. Inspectors, judges, poll clerks, and election sheriffs are the four main positions at a polling place.
2. CORRECT ANSWER: B. Inspectors are chosen by the political party that won the most Secretary of State votes in the last election in that county.
3. CORRECT ANSWER: A.The inspector and two judges of opposite political parties make up a precinct election board.
4. CORRECT ANSWER: C. The inspector announces the opening and closing of a polling place.
5. CORRECT ANSWER: C. Poll clerks are responsible for confirming that each voter signs the poll book before casting a ballot.
6. CORRECT ANSWER: A. The election sheriff is responsible for maintaining order and may call the appropriate authorities if laws are violated.
7. CORRECT ANSWER: B. A judge of the opposite political party accompanies the inspector when returning election materials to the county election board.
8. CORRECT ANSWER: B. Inspectors, judges, and other voters may challenge voters at the polls.
9. CORRECT ANSWER: D. Poll clerks are responsible for ensuring that voters receive the correct ballot.
10. CORRECT ANSWER: A. The inspector is responsible for administering an oath to all poll workers.