There is currently 1 job posting. Please see below for additional information.
The Secretary of State’s Office is currently seeking applicants for the following position:
Auto Dealer Examiner – Southern Indiana
The purpose of the Auto Dealer Examiner is to investigate, inspect, and audit licensed dealers, dealer license applicants, and persons acting as dealers to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations. This position will be responsible for Southern Indiana. Ideal candidates will reside in Southern Indiana.
Primary responsibilities of the Examiner include:
- Inspect and approve or deny dealer license applications pursuant to laws and regulations and within established deadlines.
- Inspect, audit, and investigate licensed dealers, dealer license applicants, and persons acting as dealers. This includes on-site inspections, audits, and investigations.
- Track, investigate and resolve consumer complaints against licensed dealers and persons acting as dealers within established deadlines.
- Prepare and mail non-action letters to consumers following investigation, when necessary.
- Prepare and mail violation letters to licensed dealers, dealer license applicants, and persons acting as dealers following investigation when appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain investigation files and reports.
- Prepare material for and participate in administrative hearings related to actions taken against licensed dealers and dealer license applicants. Participation may include providing testimony or preparation of documents to be used in proceedings.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Timely, ethically, and professionally conduct duties and responsibilities with little to no supervision.
- Timely and accurately prepare and submit reports to the Senior Investigator.
- Maintain positive working relationships with dealers, law enforcement, local authorities, and other agencies.
Interested applicants may send a resume to Don Cloud, Senior Investigator, at email@example.com.