You may find a copy of the continuing education rules at 839 IAC 1-6-1 of the statutes and rules.
Continuing Education Frequently Asked Questions:
(1) Formally organized courses.
(6) Home study programs, including:
(C) video; and
(D) instructional programs, accredited by board-approved organizations.
(7) Courses that are relevant to the license holder’s professional skills, which are part of the curriculum of an accredited university, college, or educational institution, shall earn fifteen (15) CEUs for each academic semester hour completed, or ten (10) CEUs for each academic quarter hour completed.
(8) Faculty teaching a course for the first time at an accredited university, college, or educational institution shall earn one and one-half (1½) CEUs for every hour taught.
You are required to obtain a minimum of 20 Category I CEUs per renewal cycle.
(1) Journal clubs, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
(2) Office in-services, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
(3) Case conferences that are specifically designed for training or teaching, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
(4) Services as an instructor, presenter, or supervisor in a relevant professional seminar, workshop, or training conference earns one (1) CEU for each hour of service, but only for the initial instruction, presentation, or supervision given.
(5) Research and publication of research results in a recognized professional journal or book form, earns ten (10) CEUs, but may only be claimed for the initial publication of the information.
(6) Providing peer review of another licensee’s therapy and skills, which includes consultation, conference, and critique, earns one (1) CEU for each hour spent with the peer for this purpose.
(7) Services on boards and commissions and holding office in professional organizations, specifically related to the licensee’s profession, earns one (1) CEU for each hour of service
You are not required to earn any Category II hours however if you do use Category II hours towards you CEU requirement then you may acquire no more than 20 Category II CEUs per renewal cycle.
1 – 2 hours $100
3 – 5 hours $200
6 – 10 hours $350
11 – 15 hours $500
16 – 20 hours $750
21 – 40 hours $1000
(1) Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine.
(2) Academy of Family Mediators.
(3) Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (programs or seminars related to mental health).
(4) American Association for Continuity of Care.
(5) American Association for Diabetes.
(6) American Association for Social Work with Groups/Spinal Cord Injury.
(7) American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
(8) American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists.
(9) American Cancer Society.
(10) American Counseling Association.
(11) American Health Care Institute (programs or seminars related to mental health).
(12) American Hospital Association (programs or seminars related to mental health).
(13) American Medical Association (programs or seminars related to mental health).
(14) American Mental Health Counselors Association.
(15) American Psychiatric Association.
(16) American Psychological Association.
(17) American Red Cross (programs or seminars related to mental health).
(18) Arthritis Association.
(19) Association of Oncology Social Work.
(20) Association of Pediatric Oncology Social Work.
(21) Association for Treatment of Sexual Abusers.
(22) Association of Social Work Boards.
(23) Brain Injury Association of Indiana
(24) Chicago Center for Family Health.
(25) Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification.
(26) Employee Assistance Professional Association.
(27) Employee Assistance Society of North America.
(28) Federation of Societies for Clinical Social Work.
(29) Federation of Society of Sex Educators and Therapists.
(30) First Steps.
(31) Healthy Families.
(32) Hoosier Oncology Group.
(33) Hospice Foundation of America.
(34) Indiana Association of Home and Hospice Care.
(35) Indiana Commission on Continuing Legal Education (programs or seminars related to mental health).
(36) Indiana Council of Nephrology Social Workers.
(37) Indiana Council on Adolescent Pregnancy.
(38) Indiana Counselors Association for Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
(39) Indiana Healthcare Ethics Network.
(40) Indiana Hospice Association.
(41) Indiana Hospital and Health Association (programs or seminars related to mental health).
(42) Indiana Organ Procurement Organization.
(43) Indiana Perinatal Association.
(44) International Critical Incident Stress Foundation.
(45) Leukemia Society of America.
(46) Mediation Matters.
(47) Mental Health Association.
(48) Midwest Regional Network for Intervention with Sex Offenders.
(49) National Association for Family-Based Services.
(50) National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors.
(51) National Association of Liver Transplant Social Workers.
(52) National Association of Perinatal Social Work.
(53) National Association of Social Workers.
(54) National Board for Certified Counselors.
(55) National Board of Addiction Examiners.
(56) National Brain Tumor Foundation.
(57) National Committee to Prevent Child Abuse.
(58) National Council of Community Mental Health Centers.
(59) National Council of Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity.
(60) National Hospice Association.
(61) National Kidney Foundation.
(62) National Organization for Victim Assistance.
(63) National Resource Center for Family Centered Practice.
(64) National Spina Bifida Association.
(65) Society of Heart and Lung Transplant Social Workers.
(66) Solutions Training Institute.
(67) The Alfred Adler Institute of Chicago.
(68) The American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children.
(69) The Center for Family Studies, Chicago, Illinois.
(70) The Cincinnati Psychoanalytic Institute.
(71) The Family Institute of Chicago.
(72) The Family Institute/Center for Family Studies.
(73) The Gestalt Institute of Cleveland.
(74) The Indianapolis Gestalt Institute.
(75) The Institute for Clinical Social Work, Chicago, Illinois.
(76) The Institute for Psychoanalysis, Chicago, Illinois.
(77) The International Institute of Object Relations Therapy.
(78) The Jungian Institute of Chicago.
(79) The National Association of Family Mediators.
(80) The National Center for Child Abuse and Neglect.
(81) The National Children’s Advocacy Center.
(82) The Society of Social Work Leadership in Health Care.
(83) The Wellness Community
(82) A national, regional, state, district, or local organization that operates as an affiliated entity under the approval of any organization listed in subdivisions (1) through (81).
(83) Any institute or program focused on self-psychology.
(84) A university, college, or other teaching institution accredited by the United States Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Education.
(85) A federal, state, or local government agency that coordinates and presents continuing education courses and programs in conjunction with this rule. (Social
Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, and Mental Health Counselor Board; 839 IAC 1-6-2; filed Dec 29, 1998, 10:57 a.m.: 22 IR 1512; readopted filed Dec 2, 2001, 12:30 p.m.: 25 IR 1314)