Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Please request that your official FLEX; National Boards; USMLE; LMCC or State Board scores be submitted by the appropriate agency directly to the Professional Licensing Agency.
P. O. Box 10832
Chantilly, VA 20153-0832
FLEX, USMLE or SPEX
Federation of State Medical Boards
400 Fuller Wiser Road
Euless, Texas 76039
The request form is now available only on the NBME website. Only those applicants who either passed the former NBME Parts or a combination of NBME Parts and USMLE Steps should complete this form and send it to the NBME. Those applicants who passed only the USMLE Steps must complete the EBHAR form and forward it to the Federation of State Medical Boards. They should not complete the endorsement of certification form found on the NBME website.
National Board of Osteopathic Medicinal Examiners
8765 West Higgins Road, Suite 200
Chicago, Illinois 60631
Medical Council of Canada
1867 Alta Vista Drive
Case Postale, Box 8234
Ottawa, Canada K1G 3H7
Puerto Rico Examination
The Indiana Medical Licensing Board does not accept the Puerto Rico examination. All graduates from Puerto Rico must take the English version of the USMLE in order to be considered for licensure in Indiana.
An applicant for unlimited licensure must be certified by one of the following examination combinations:
Please note the law regarding the USMLE (effective July 2008):
844 IAC 4-4.5-12 Passing requirements for United States Medical Licensing Examination states:
Sec. 12. The following are the examination passing requirements for licensure:
(1) A score of seventy-five (75) is the minimum passing score for all steps of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
(2) An applicant may have a maximum of three (3) attempts to pass each step of the USMLE. Therefore, upon the third seating of each step of the exam, the applicant must obtain a passing score.
(3) All steps of the USMLE must be taken and successfully passed within a ten (10) year time period. This ten (10) year period begins when the applicant first passes a step, either Step 1 or Step II. In counting the number of attempts regarding USMLE steps, previous attempts on the National Board Medical Examination and the examination of the Federation of State Medical Boards of the Unites States are included.
If you do not meet the ten (10) year period, you may apply for licensure and retake Step 1 and/or Step 2 of the USMLE to put you within the ten (10) year period if it does not put you over the three (3) attempts. You must make application and request to retake Step 1 and/or Step 2. Our agency will send out the appropriate letters to the Federation so that you may reapply to take the appropriate steps of the USMLE.
If it has taken you more than three (3) attempts to pass a step of the USMLE you are not eligible for licensure in Indiana.
Please note the law regarding COMLEX-USA
844 IAC 4-4.5-13 Passing requirements for Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination
Sec. 13 The following are the examination passing requirements for licensure:
(1) A score of three hundred fifty (350) is the minimum passing score for Step III of the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Exam (COMLEX - USA)
(2) An applicant may have a maximum of five (5) attempts to pass each step of the COMLEX - USA. Therefore, upon the fifth seating of each step of the exam, the applicant must obtain a passing score.
(3) All steps of the COMLEX - USA must be taken and passed in sequential order within a seven (7) year time period. This seven (7) year period begins when the applicant first takes Step I. In counting the number of attempts regarding COMLEX - USA steps, previous attempts on the National Board Osteopathic Medical Examinations are included.