Indiana's Disapproved Foreign Medical Schools
- CIFAS School of Medicine, Santo Domingo (closed) as of 10/18/1984
- Universidad Mexico American Del Norte as of 11/15/1984
- (Northern University School of Medicine)
- St. Lucia Health Sciences University, St. Lucia as of 10/18/1984
- Spartan Health Sciences University, St. Lucia as of 10/18/1984
- Clayton University – Osteopathic School as of 06/01/2000
- (American International Open University)
- St. Matthews University, Grand Cayman as of 12/05/2002
- University of Health Sciences Antigua, St. John’s as of 12/05/2002
- Grace Medical School in St. Kitts and London Medical College as of 12/05/2002
- International University of Health Sciences (IUHS) as of 12/05/2002 (Board reaffirmed denial at their 8/23/2012 meeting partially due to distant learning (computer classes)).
- Canadian Academy of Osteopathy and Holistic Health
Sciences (Hamilton) as of 8/23/2007
- Osteopathic Health and Wellness Institute (Hamilton) as of 8/23/2007
- Canadian College of Osteopathy (Toronto) as of 8/23/07
- Sutherland Academy of Osteopathy (Oakville) as of 8/23/07
- CETEC University, Santo Domingo (closed) as of 5/22/08
- UTESA University, Santo Domingo as of 5/22/08
- World University, Santo Domingo (closed) as of 5/22/08
- Universidad Federico Henriquez y Carvajal, Dominica Republic as of 5/22/08
- Kigezi International School of Medicine, Cambridge, England & Uganda as of 5/22/08
- Universidad Eugenio Maria de Hostos (UNIREMHOS), Dominica Republic as of 5/22/08
Internet Programs: All schools of medicine whose curriculum and primary requirements are internet based and/or distance learning shall be disapproved. Most specifically, the internet based schools of medicine listed on the Federation Alert are hereby disapproved by the board.
Indiana's Approved Foreign Medical Schools
- American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine as of 12/20/1984
- Ross University of Medicine as of 12/20/1984
- St. George’s University School of Medicine as of 12/20/1984
- Saba, Netherlands Antilles (coursework from 1/1/02 to present)
Those schools that are neither approved by Indiana or California (and not on the disapproved list) are reviewed on a case by case basis. The Board uses IMED FAIMER and ECFMG as tools to determine whether those schools are LCME equivalent. On May 22, 2008 the Board recognized the California Medical School Standards as equivalent to LCME standards as required for approved foreign medical schools in Indiana.
Because the California standards meet LCME equivalency the Board then adopted the California Medical Board's Recognized and Disapproved lists for use when processing applications. Below you will find a link to both the California Recognized list and Disapproved List.
Please click here for California's Recognized list
Please click here for California's Disapproved list