Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Beauty Culture Salon License
• Applicant must select a site for the salon; if the site is in the same building as a residence, it must be separated from the residence by a substantial floor to ceiling partition and have a separate entry.
• Applicant must obtain any building permit, certificate of occupancy, or other approval action required under IC 22-15-3 and IC 36-7-4 to operate the cosmetology salon.
• Applicant must install the furnishings and obtain the salon equipment required under rules adopted by the board.
• The beauty culture salon must be under the personal supervision of a person who is licensed as a beauty culture professional.
Beauty Culture Salon Application
• A mobile salon/shop may be;
(1) a self-contained facility that may be moved, towed, or transported from one location to another and in which cosmetology, electrology, esthetics, manicuring or barbering is practiced, or;
(2) A business in which cosmetology, electrology, esthetics, manicuring, or barbering equipment is transported to and used on a temporary basis at a location other than a selected salon site, including:
(A) other cosmetology, electrology, esthetic, manicuring, or barbering salons/shops;
(B) clients' homes; and
(C) nursing homes.
• Applicant comply with the rules adopted by the board (820 IAC 2-1, 3-1, and 3-2)
• Mobile salon must be under the personal supervision of a person who is licensed as a beauty culture professional.