To obtain an application for a license to practice occupational therapy or a certificate to practice occupational therapy assisting in the state of Indiana, you may download the application from the website.
Endorsement applicants must submit the following to the Professional Licensing Agency:
- Completed application with $100.00 application fee.
- Two (2) recent passport type photographs of the applicant, approximately two (2) inches by two (2) inches in size.
- An official (certified) transcript of grades from the school the applicant obtained his or her degree that shows the degree has been conferred. Transcripts must come directly from the degree granting institution. Graduates of a foreign occupational therapy program must submit an official translation if the transcript is not in English.
- A notarized copy of a marriage certificate or an official affidavit indicating any legal name change, if your name differs from that on any documents.
- Verification of exam scores sent directly from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Verification of state licensure must be completed by every state where you hold or have held a license or certification. This form needs to be submitted to the Indiana Occupational Therapy Committee by the state in which you hold or have held a license or certification. If you are practicing in a state that does not license or certify occupational therapists or occupational therapy assistants, you need to submit a letter to the Committee stating that the state does not require licensure/certification.
To obtain an application checklist to assist you in the application process click here.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications and documentation will not be returned to you.
Fees are not refundable.
Please see the application for more detailed information.