To obtain an application for licensure to practice hypnotism, please contact our office at 317-234-3022 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Please provide your name, full mailing address, and indicate you want an application to practice hypnotism.
There is no longer a "grandfather" clause for certification; ALL approved applicants will be required to take and pass the certifying examination.
An individual who applies for a certificate as a hypnotist must present satisfactory evidence to the committee that the individual:
- does not have a conviction for a crime that has a direct bearing on the individual's ability to practice competently;
- has not been the subject of disciplinary action by a licensing or certification agency of another state or jurisdiction on the grounds that the individual was not able to practice as a hypnotist without endangering the public; and
- has completed at least five hundred (500) classroom hours of hypnotism education from an Indiana school or program of hypnotism that is approved by the Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education (COPE) or from any other state approved school or program that is found by COPE to have requirements as stringent as necessary for the commission's approval of an Indiana school or program of hypnotism; OR has had at least ten (10) years of continued experience in hypnotism; OR has completed before July 1, 1997, a course in hypnotism from a state approved school that included less than three hundred (300) classroom hours.
- To find out if a school is approved by COPE you need to contact COPE directly at (317) 232-1320.
- A classroom hour may not be less than fifty (50) minute period of instruction with both the instructor and student in attendance. Classroom instruction does not include videotape correspondence courses or other forms of electronic presentation.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications and documentation will not be returned to you. Fees are not refundable.
Please see the application packet for more detailed information.