The Department of Government Efficiency and Financial Planning (GEFP) was established in January 2005 within the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Its mission is to identify opportunities to reform Indiana State government and save Hoosiers' tax dollars through cost savings and improved services. GEFP's objectives include:
- Make State government more accountable to Hoosier taxpayers through transparent performance measurement.
- Help State agencies and quasi-governmental agencies provide best-in-class performance for services they should provide, and help State agencies cease those activities that are duplicative or wasteful.
- Download the 2009-11 Budget Supplement, released January 30, 2009
- Read the April 3, 2008 memo on Performance-Informed Budgeting
- Read the PROBE Supplemental Report, released June 7, 2007
- Download the May 18, 2007 presentation on Performance Measures
- Download a copy of the Program Performance Metric Template
- Read the Consolidated Summary of PROBE Feedback Sessions
- Read the 2006 PROBE Report, released December 5, 2006
- Read the PROBE Interim Report, released January 3, 2006