Indiana Main Street Application Process
1.Contact your region’s Community Liaison from our Office of Community and Rural Affairs for an introduction to Indiana Main Street. The Community Liaison will give the community a basic overview of what Indiana Main Street is, outline the steps to becoming a Main Street community, and answer basic questions about the program.
- At this meeting, the Community Liaison will leave the community with the Indiana Main Street Step 1 Form.
- The community will determine if the Main Street Program is a good fit for their community. If so, they will return the Indiana Main Street Step 1 Form back to our offices.
2.Send IMS Step 1 Form in to learn more information about the program.
3.The Program Manager for Indiana Main Street will contact the interested community to set up a meeting.
- This meeting should include all parties who are interested in starting a Main Street effort in your community.
- The agenda for the meeting will include: The origins of Main Street, the Main Street Four Point Approach, efforts in your community, interest in your community, and then next steps to forming your Main Street.
- All of these areas will need to be decided and in place before applying to become an Indiana Main Street community.
4.The community will contact Indiana Main Street once the next steps form is complete.
5.Indiana Main Street will review the next steps form, perform an additional follow up with community, and then release an application to the community.
- Applications will only be given to communities who meet the criteria set by Indiana Main Street.
6.The community will return the completed application to Indiana Main Street.
7.Indiana Main Street will contact the community to set up a visit with the Board and other members of the Main Street efforts in that community.
- This meeting will determine if the organization has everything in place and if the organization is sustainable.
- Indiana Main Street will notify they community at this meeting whether the application has been approved.