Indiana Main Street Application Process
1. Contact your region’s Community Liaison (CL) from our Office of Community and Rural Affairs for an introduction to Indiana Main Street. The list of Community Liaison's can be found on this webpage.
- The Community Liaison will present the community with a basic overview of the background of what it means to be a Main Street community - CLs will outline the steps to becoming a Main Street community, and answer basic questions about the program.
- At this meeting, the Community Liaison will provide the community with the Indiana Main Street Application Form.
- The community will then work on completing the electronic application form and required attachments.
2. Community Liaison will maintain contact with the community as they work through the electronic application and attachments.
- The Community Liaison will maintain contact with the community in order to assist in completing application. However, it is the responsibility of the community to collect all necessary documentation and data for application.
- CLs will make determination if community’s Main Street area meets historic fabric eligibility requirements.
3. Once complete, the community will submit application to their Community Liaison.
- CL will review electronic application for completeness and then submit, with their recommendations, to Indiana Main Street Program Manager.
4. Indiana Main Street will make the determination to approve the community in about 30 days based on completeness of application and recommendation of Community Liaison.
- Working with the community and their Community Liaison, Indiana Main Street Program Manager will set up a time for a press release, official certificate, and any other celebrations.