A "rule" is the whole or any part of a state agency statement of general applicability that: (1) has or is designated to have the effect of law; and (2) implements, interprets, or prescribes: (A) law or policy; or (B) the organization, procedure, or practice requirements of the state agency. (IC 4-22-2-3)
Indiana Office of Small Business and Entrepreneurship Rule Comments
In accordance with IC 4-22-2.1-6, comments from the Indiana Office of Small Business and Entrepreneurship are made available with respect to the following: LSA Document #14-477; LSA Document #14-510.
*These comments are also available for inspection and copying at the offices of the Natural Resources Commission, Indiana Government Center-North, 100 North Senate Avenue, Room N501, Indianapolis, Indiana. The comments are also made available at the public hearings as required by IC 4-22-2-26.
Director's Annual Report (IC 4-22-2-28.1)
In accordance with IC 4-22-2-28.1, the 2014 Director's Annual Report, with respect to the function of the small business regulatory coordinators assigned to Indiana Administrative Rules adopted under Title 312 Natural Resources Commission, has been submitted to the Legislative Council and to the Small Business Ombudsman designated under IC 4-4-35-8.
Petition for Rule Change
The Commission has developed a process by which a person may petition for a rule change for rules within the Commission's jurisdiction. Included is any rule proposal submitted by an individual, a corporation, an association, a local unit of government, another state agency, a federal agency, or another person. The person may seek the adoption of a new rule, an amended rule, a recodified rule, a rule repeal or a similar action with respect to a nonrule policy document.
The Commission's Division of Hearings uses an unofficial checklist to assist with rule adoptions. An abbreviated form of the checklist is included as an informal reference.
Final NRC Action
To the extent practical, the Commission will take final action on proposed rule amendments at its next scheduled meeting following the date of the last public hearing. The timeline in the rule docket below is subject to change, but will be periodically updated as the rule adoption process proceeds.
Comment On A Proposed Rule
The Natural Resources Commission adopted nonrule policy document, Information Bulletin #55. The primary purpose of this bulletin is to encourage consistency, transparency and efficiency in the development of hearing officer reports by employees of the Division of Hearings to the Natural Resources Commission. Information Bulletin #55 clarifies that citizens must identify themselves when filing comments in order for those comments to be included in a report or to be considered by a hearing officer in an analysis. The nonrule policy document also clarifies that public comments will be accepted through the comment form on this page, sent to the Commission by regular mail, or if approved by the Commission, by telephone.
- Residency information and any other information submitted through this rule docket form is provided to the Natural Resources Commission and the Department of Natural Resources. Members of the general public can access the information by making a request to the Commission or by searching the Commission’s web site or docket. Your email is required for the completion of this form for purpose of contacting you if clarification of your comment is needed.
- The comment period for a proposed rule will close at midnight on the date of the final public hearing unless specifically noted in the rule docket below.
- A request to receive a copy of submitted comments or any other written information associated with a proposed rule may be sent here.
- Comments and any other written information may be inspected at the office of the NRC, Division of Hearings, Indiana Government Center North, 100 North Senate Avenue, Room N501, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- If the length and detail of your comment is such that your comment will not fit within the rule docket, please mail your comment to the following address: Natural Resources Commission, Division of Hearings, 100 North Senate Avenue, Room N501, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2200.
- Comments may be submitted for pending rule proposals by regular mail or through the rule docket. However, to assure that comments are directed to the proper rule proposal, comments will not be accepted until the Legislative Services Agency has published a "Notice of Intent to Adopt a Rule" ("NOI") in the Indiana Register or the Commission has posted the language given preliminary adoption to the docket.
Click on "Rule Name" to arrange list in alphabetical order.