A "rule" is the whole or any part of a state agency statement of general applicability that: (1) has or is designated to have the effect of law; and (2) implements, interprets, or prescribes: (A) law or policy; or (B) the organization, procedure, or practice requirements of the state agency. (IC 4-22-2-3)
Petition for Rule Change
The Commission developed a process by which a person may Petition for a rule change for rules within the Commission's jurisdiction. Included is any rule proposal submitted by an individual, a corporation, an association, a local unit of government, another state agency, a federal agency, or another person. The person may seek the adoption of a new rule, an amended rule, a recodified rule, a rule repeal or a similar action with respect to a nonrule policy document.
The Commission's Division of Hearings uses an unofficial checklist to assist with rule adoptions. An abbreviated form of the checklist is included as an informal reference.
Comment On A Proposed Rule
Director's Annual Report (IC 4-22-2-28.1)
In accordance with IC 4-22-2-28.1, the 2017 Director's Annual Report, with respect to the function of the small business regulatory coordinators assigned to Indiana Administrative Rules adopted under Title 312 Natural Resources Commission, has been submitted to the Legislative Council and to the Small Business Ombudsman designated under IC 4-4-35-8.
- Indiana Economic Development Corporation Comments (IEDC): In accordance with IC 4-22-2.1-6, comments from the IEDC are made available with respect to the following: LSA Document #16-230; LSA Document #17-262
- The IEDC comments are also available for inspection and copying at the offices of the Natural Resources Commission, Indiana Government Center-North, 100 North Senate Avenue, Room N501, Indianapolis, Indiana. The comments are also made available at the public hearings as required by IC 4-22-2-26.
- Residency information and any other information submitted through this rule docket form is provided to the Natural Resources Commission and the Department of Natural Resources. Members of the general public can access the information by making a request to the Commission or by searching the Commission’s web site or docket. Your email is required for the completion of this form for purpose of contacting you if clarification of your comment is needed.
- A request to receive a copy of submitted comments or any other written information associated with a proposed rule may be sent to the Commission by regular mail or here.
- Comments and any other written information may be inspected at the office of the NRC, Division of Hearings, Indiana Government Center North, 100 North Senate Avenue, Room N103, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- If the length and detail of your comment is such that your comment will not fit within the rulemaking docket comment form, please mail your comment to the following address: Natural Resources Commission, Division of Hearings, 100 North Senate Avenue, Room N103, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2200.
- Comments may be submitted for pending rule proposals by regular mail or through the rulemaking docket. However, to assure that comments are directed to the proper rule proposal, comments will not be accepted until the Legislative Services Agency has published a "Notice of Intent to Adopt a Rule" ("NOI") in the Indiana Register or the Commission has directed the posting of the proposed rule language given preliminary adoption to the rulemaking docket.
- Final Commission Action: To the extent practical, the Commission will take final action on proposed rule amendments at its next scheduled meeting following the date of the last public hearing. The timeline in the rulemaking docket below is subject to change, but will be periodically updated as the rule adoption process proceeds.
Click on "Rule Name" to arrange list in alphabetical order.