IN.gov - Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana State Library

Counties A-D Counties A-D

Images from Adams County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Bear Creek Oil Well, ca. 1902-1904, from the J. Ruthane Collection.
 

Decatur High School Band, 1919-1920.

Limberlost Memorial
Photo courtesy of Department of Natural Resources, State of Indiana. 

Images from Allen County

(Click on image for larger view)

Dr. Edward W. Dodez home, Fort Wayne.


 

The Fort Wayne Historical Revue, given under the direction
of the Indiana University Extension Division, Jan. 26-27, 1921.

Blockhouse, Officers Quarters and Barracks of reconstructed fort of 1816.
Courtesy of Historic Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Trolley car, downtown Fort Wayne. 

Images from Benton County

(Click on image for larger view)

Amblia Store Front with the Post Office, Old Harness Shop, Barber Shop, and Millinery Shop.
Courtesy of Oscar Dale Ross

Post card of the Court House in Fowler, ca. 1912.

Post card of the Sumner Monument in Earl Park, ca. 1908. 

Images from Blackford County

(Click on image for larger view)

Montpelier High School, Sept. 5, 1898.

Van Cleve Opera House, Hartford City, ca. 1895.

Hartford City, Court House. Built in 1893-1894.

Men working on the Pennsylvania Railroad, ca. 1908. 

Images from Boone County

(Click on image for larger view)

Employees of the Lebanon Post Office, ca. 1899-1905.
Courtesy of Dorothy L. and Harry H. Rienhart.

Post card of the Lebanon library, 1908.

Students at the Taylor school in Washington Township, 1892-1893.
Courtesy of Dorothy L. and Harry H. Rinehart.

Railroad employees in Lebanon, ca. 1900-1905.
Courtesy of Dorothy L. and Harry H. Rinehart.

Images from Brown County

(Click on image for larger view)

Indiana University students wearing ladies' hats on a picnic in Brown County, 1906.

Postcard of a man and his oxen, ca. 1909.

A bridle path in Brown County State Park.
Courtesy of Oscar W. Smith Sr.

Yellowwood State Forest.
Courtesy of Indiana Department of Conservation 

Images from Carroll County

(Click on image for larger view)

Main Street in Delphi, ca. 1909.
Courtesy of R. G. Bradshaw.

Vine Holt at his home with the children of the neighborhood, ca. 1899.

East view of the Carroll County Court House, n.d.

A. J. Bowen and Co., Delphi, Aug. 16, 1924. 

Images from Cass County

(Click on image for larger view)

Pipe Creek Falls, Logansport, ca. 1890.
A. G. Newport, Photographer.

Pipe Creek Falls, Logansport, ca. 1890.
A. G. Newport, Photographer.

Indiana Historical Society Pilgrimage to "Old Town", Oct. 7, 1928. 

Images from Clark County

(Click on image for larger view)

Howard National Steamboat Museum.

"Road Thru the Woods", Clark County State Forest.

Former Girls Academy, Utica, June 26, 1969.

Falls of the Ohio River, Dec. 29, 1936.
Courtesy of G. S. Cottman. 

Images from Clay County

(Click on image for larger view)

Church of Christ, Brazil, 1881.
Courtesy of Margaret H. Thomas.

Coal mining in Brazil.
Hauling coal to a mine entrance, Feb. 21, 1928.
Photograph taken by Architectural Photographing Co.

Group of workers outside a mine or mill, Brazil, ca. 1920s. 

Images from Clinton County

(Click on image for larger view)

School house built in 1907. District 6, Ross Township.

Oldest school house in Clinton County, built in 1848, District 4, Perry Township.
This school house was in continuous use for 60 years until it was abandoned in 1907.

Parsonage in Middlefork. 

Images from Crawford County

(Click on image for larger view)

Gazebo near English Estates, ca. 1905.

"Red" and "Blue" relaxing outside of English Estates, ca. 1905.

Getting in the hay harvest, English Estates, ca. 1905.

English Estate, December1905. 

Images from Daviess County

(Click on image for larger view)

High School in Washington, ca. 1907.

Flood view of Washington. In the foreground there are steel rails bent by the current, 1913.

Postcard of Daviess County Jail in Washington, 1908.

Postcard of Jepson Jewelry Store, Washington, ca 1909. 

Images from Dearborn County

(Click on image for larger view)

View of Aurora from the Hillcrest House, March 22, 1966.
Courtesy of Tom Krasean.

Photograph one of two, Guilford, 1925.

Photograph two of two, Guilford, 1925.

Leobo Ewbank Home, north of Guilford, built in 1829-1830.

Surviving members of the Huff Post No. 89, Grand Army of the Republic.
Lawrenceburg, May 30, 1923. 

Images from Decatur County

(Click on image for larger view)

The "Old Homestead" of Robert A. Hamilton near Greenburg, Nov. 30, 1899.
Courtesy of the Oscar G. Miller family.

Decatur County Courthouse, with the tree growing in the roof, 1966. 

Images from DeKalb County

(Click on image for larger view)

Mint still in western DeKalb County, 1933.

Houldon Bridge, built in 1884 by George Woerntz and Son.
It was 6 miles northeast of Butler.

 Postcard of North Van Buren Street taken from West Seventh Street, Auburn, ca. 1934. 

Images from Delaware County

(Click on image for larger view)

Ball Gymnasium, Ball State University, Muncie.

Ball Memorial Hospital, Ball State University, Muncie.

Delaware County Orphans Home.

Prairie Creek Lake reservoir, Muncie, ca. 1963. 

Images from Dubois County

(Click on image for larger view)

Enlaw Mill, Jasper.
Courtesy of O. U. Brown Collection.

Ferdinand Railroad Locomotive No. 3.
Courtesy of John H. Weber.

The site of the hydraulic grist mill on Huntley Creek, east of Huntingburg.
Courtesy of O. U. Brown Collection.