Detention of child committing acts that would be offenses if committed by adults
Sec. 2. A child alleged to be a delinquent child under IC 31-37-1 may be held in either of the following:
(1) A secure facility for not more than six (6) hours upon arrest for the limited purposes of:
(D) transfer to a juvenile detention facility; or
(E) release to parents.
If the child is detained in a secure facility, the child shall be restricted to an area of the facility in which the child has not more than haphazard or incidental sight or sound contact with persons charged with, imprisoned for, or incarcerated for crimes.
(2) A juvenile detention facility.
As added by P.L.1-1997, SEC.20.
Detention of child leaving home without permission of parent, guardian, or custodian
Sec. 3. A child alleged to be a delinquent child because of an act under IC 31-37-2-2 may be held in a juvenile detention facility for:
(1) not more than twenty-four (24) hours before; and
(2) not more than twenty-four (24) hours immediately after;
the initial court appearance, not including Saturdays, Sundays, and nonjudicial days.
As added by P.L.1-1997, SEC.20. Amended by P.L.58-2004, SEC.1.
Placement in facility located outside child's county of residence
Sec. 4. A court may not place a child in:
(1) a community based correctional facility for children;
(2) a juvenile detention facility;