Purposes and policies of article
Sec. 2. The purposes and policies of this article are as follows:
(1) To abolish the existing grounds for absolute and limited divorce and to provide as the basis for dissolution of marriage:
(A) irretrievable breakdown of the marriage;
(B) the conviction of either party, subsequent to the marriage, of a felony;
(C) impotence existing at the time of the marriage; and
(D) incurable insanity of either party for a period of at least two (2) years.
(2) To provide for the appropriate procedures for the dissolution of marriage.
(3) To provide for the disposition of property, child support, and child custody.
(4) To provide for separation agreements.
(5) To provide for a temporary legal separation.
As added by P.L.1-1997, SEC.7.