Motion for Fee Waiver in a Divorce

Step 1: Who should use this packet

You should use this form packet if:

  1. You are filing for divorce against your spouse; and
  2. You are indigent and are unable to pay the required filing fees or other expenses associated with the documents you are submitting to the Court.

Remember: There is no filing fee for contempt or modification actions.

Step 2: Choose a Form Packet

Forms are available in two formats: (1) electronic fillable, and (2) printable.  If you prefer to type your answers on the computer in an easy-to-use questionnaire and then print completed forms, choose the electronic fillable packet.  When you answer the questions, the forms will be filled in automatically.  If you prefer to complete the forms by hand following printed instructions, choose the printable packet.

Once the packet is completed, you must print the forms, sign the forms, make copies, and take them to the Clerk of the Court.  Review your local court rules to find out how many copies you will need, and any additional forms or procedures required in your county.

Step 3: File your Completed Forms

  • Take the originals and copies of your forms to the Clerk of the Court that issued the current child support order.
    • The Clerk will stamp the forms with a filing date and give you back a copy.
  • If the Judge grants your motion, you will need to take a copy of the Order to the Clerk of the Court when you file your other court papers.
  • Mail one stamped copy of each form that you filed to the other person’s attorney, or the other person if he or she is not represented by an attorney.