Interstate Compact Application Fee Effective July 1, 2003 (Updated July 1, 2011)
Pursuant to Senate Bill 205, the Indiana Judicial Center began assessing an interstate compact application fee in the amount of $125.00 on July 1, 2011. Probation staff should be briefed on this process, outlined below.
- Effective July 1, 2011, offenders will be assessed an application fee in the amount of $125.00. The fee is non-refundable and will be assessed for each transfer request to a separate state.
- Interstate Compact Application Fee Acknowledgment Form should be completed and signed by the offender prior to the offender departing the state.
- Since this is an application fee, the offender should pay the fee at the time the request for transfer is made and the Application for Compact Services/Agreement to Return (Forms III & V) is signed. The transfer package should not be processed nor should the offender be allowed to depart the state until the fee is paid (It goes without saying that the offender should only be allowed to depart in compliance with the rules of the Interstate Compact).
- A signed copy of the Interstate Compact Application Fee Acknowledgment Form and a receipt of payment must accompany any transfer package submitted to the Indiana Judicial Center.
- The Interstate Compact Application Fee should be paid in full to the local Probation Department, with 50% of the fee deposited into the County Offender Transportation Fund and 50% transmitted to the Indiana State Auditor biannually.
Interstate Compact Related Documents