Are You an Alcoholic? 20 Further Questions.
Developed by California Lawyers for Their Colleagues
Answer as truthfully as you can:
- Have you ever failed to show up at the office because of a hangover?
- Failed to appear in court for the same reason?
- Neglected to process mail promptly?
- Neglected to pay State Bar dues on time?
- Frequently failed to keep appointments?
- Showed up in court or at depositions under the influence?
- Are you drinking in the office during office hours?
- Have you used - misused - co-mingled or borrowed clients' Trust Funds?
- Have you failed to accept or answer telephone calls because you didn't feel good?
- Have you gotten other attorneys to make court appearances on your behalf?
- Are you avoiding the resolution of problems?
- Are you regularly partaking of noontime cocktails?
- Is your ability to perform diminished in the afternoon?
- Are you frequently blaming your secretary for the things that go wrong?
- Are your relationships with your clients, staff and friends deteriorating?
- Do you get drunk at bar association meetings and social gatherings?
- Does your spouse complain that you are drinking too much?
- Are you missing deadlines for performance like allowing the Statute of Limitations to run out?
- Are you losing control at social gatherings when professional decorum is called for?
- Are these occurrences increasing in frequency?