Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
The Vigo County ordinance requires public places and places of employment to be smoke free. It allows restaurants to have separate smoking rooms. Bars and membership clubs are exempt from the ordinance. There is a 5 year moratorium on revisiting the ordinance. Effective on July 1, 2007.
Hospitals and Health Care Facilities:
· AP&S Clinics
· Health South Rehabilitation Hospital
· Providence Medical Group
· Union Hospital inc.
· Terre Haute Regional Hospital (not tobacco free)
Public School Districts:
· Vigo County School Corporation
· American Cancer Society
· Bloomington Meadows Hospital
· C.H.A.N.C.E.S. for Indiana Youth
· Indiana State University College of Nursing
· Indiana State University PHACT
· Ivy Tech Community College Respiratory Care Program
· Mental Health America of Vigo County
· Minority Health Coalition of Vigo County
· Maternal Health Clinic
· MD Wise
· Southwestern Indiana Respiratory Disease Program
· Rural Health Association
· Ryves Hall Youth Center at Etling Hall
· Safe Kids of Vigo County
· Terre Haute Human Relations Commission
· Union Hospital
· Vigo County Health Department
· Vigo County Teen Court
· West Central Indiana AHEC
· West Vigo H.S. VOICE
· Youth As Resources
· Increase the proportion of Indiana school districts that support and implement a comprehensive school strategy against tobacco use.
· Extent of community activism among youth to support community change that includes youth involved in the VOICE movement.
· Proportion of tobacco free campus policies for hospitals, health care centers, and clinics.
· Extent of promotion of the Indiana Tobacco Quitline
· Extent of participation by partners within the broad-based coalition.
· Extent of participation by groups representing disparately affected (i.e. hard to reach) populations in the community.