Reporting to Vital Records
Indiana’s reporting systems allow for real-time access to vital events information, which has become increasingly important for public health decision-making and preparedness, as well as for county, state, and federal research and reporting activities. The ability to access vital records information can also be used as an effective and efficient countermeasure to combat fraud and identity theft.
The following systems are used to report vital records in Indiana to the State Department of Health Vital Records Division.
- Indiana Birth Registration System (IBRS)
- Indiana Death Registration System (IDRS)
- Indiana Fetal Death Registration System (IFDRS)
- Indiana Terminated Pregnancy Reporting System
- Indiana Court Information Technology Extranet (INcite)
Forms associated with records reporting may be found under the Vital Records Section of the Indiana State Department of Health Providers Forms page.