Indiana Patient Registry
The trauma registry (https://indianatrauma.isdh.in.gov/) is a core component of any statewide trauma system. The Indiana Trauma Registry is a repository into which statewide trauma data has been brought together to support three foundational activities: identification of the trauma population, statewide process improvement activities, and research. The Indiana Trauma Registry was implemented in 2007, with initial participation by the seven hospitals in Indiana that were verified by the American College of Surgeons as Level I or Level II trauma centers.
Today, more than 90+ hospitals in Indiana with emergency departments are actively submitting data to the state trauma registry on a quarterly basis. Ramzi Nimry is the Statewide Trauma System Development and Training Manager of the ISDH Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention. For hospitals interested in learning more about the trauma registry, Ramzi can be reached at 317-234-7321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The software vendor chosen for the registry is ImageTrend from Minneapolis, MN. ImageTrend has also been selected to provide a repository for EMS data. The combination of EMS and trauma data allows Indiana to develop a more robust data system with which we can create a better statewide trauma system.
- The Indiana Trauma Registry Data Dictionary for 2018.
- 2018 NTDB Required Data Elements.
- The Indiana Trauma Registry Data Dictionary for 2017.
- 2017 NTDB Change Log (for reference).
- 2017 NTDB Required Data Elements.
- The Indiana REHAB Data Dictionary for 2018.
- The Indiana REHAB Data Dictionary for 2017.
The following hospitals have submitted data to the Indiana Trauma Registry quarterly since Quarter 1 2013
- The following rehabilitation hospitals have submitted data to the Indiana Trauma Registry:
- Community Health Network
- Community Howard
- Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Wayne
- Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana
- Franciscan St. Elizabeth
Patient Registry Reporting Schedule
All hospitals with Emergency Departments are asked to report their data on a quarterly basis. The quarterly data reporting schedule:
If you are interested in receiving training on the trauma registry, please contact:
Statewide Trauma System Development and Training Manager, Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention