Cardiovascular Health Home
To provide public health leadership to improve cardiovascular health for all, reduce the burden, and eliminate disparities associated with heart disease and stroke.
Signs of a Heart Attack
CALL 9-1-1 if you or someone you are with shows any signs of a heart attack.
5 major symptoms
- Pain or discomfort in the jaw, neck, or back.
- Feeling weak, light-headed, or faint.
- Chest pain or discomfort.
- Pain or discomfort in arms or shoulder.
- Shortness of breath.
Are you at risk?
- High Blood Pressure (In 2013, 33.5% of all Indiana adults reported having high blood pressure.)
- High Cholesterol (In 2013, 39.8% of all Hoosier adults reported having high cholesterol.)
- Diabetes (ISDH Diabetes Information)
- Physical Inactivity
- Poor Nutrition
Take steps to prevent cardiovascular disease:
- Eat a healthy diet
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Exercise regularly
- Don't smoke or use tobacco products
- Have your cholesterol checked
- Monitor your blood pressure
- Manage your diabetes