- Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention Program - A comprehensive prevention program developed at the Bureau of Primary Health Care that can dramatically reduce lower extremity amputations in individuals with diabetes mellitus, Hansen's disease, or any condition that results in loss of protective sensation in the feet.
- Making Systems Changes for Better Diabetes Care - A National Diabetes Education Program (NDEP) website that provides information, models, links, resources and tools to help health care professionals: Assess needs for systems change; Develop strategic plans; Implement tools for action; and evaluate the systems change process.
- National Diabetes Education Program (NDEP): NDEP is the leading Federal government public education program that promotes diabetes prevention and control.
- Project ICE - Project ICE is a three-year program, funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration, designed to improve the health and well-being of persons with mental illness and or intellectual disabilities who also manage diabetes and reside in a rural Indiana county. Project ICE is offering FREE training for care professionals from mental health, intellectual disabilities, diabetes management and managed care providers on effective strategies to promote positive health outcomes for those suffering from a mental illness and/or intellectual disability and diabetes living in a rural community. Behavioral Health CEU's and Nursing Contact Hours are available.
Educational Tools and Support Services for Your Clients
CDC - Fruit and Veggies - More Matters!
- This website is for Health Professionals who want to encourage others to eat more fruits and vegetables. Surveillance data and information about fruit and vegetable programs are also available.
- INHealthConnect - Offers access to web sites of local health services, providers and programs serving residents of Indiana. Through its connection with Medline Plus, a service of the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, users of the site can get information about conditions, disease and wellness, and link to web sites of local health services, programs and providers throughout Indiana.
- Indiana Tobacco Quitline - This website provides more information on the free phone-based counseling service that helps Indiana smokers quit.
- International Diabetes Center - Provides world-class diabetes care, education, publications, and research programs that meet the needs of people with diabetes and their families.
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse - An information dissemination service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) established to increase knowledge and understanding about diabetes among patients, health care professionals, and the general public.
- Reducing Cardiometabolic Risk: Patient Education Toolkit - To assist health care professional's educational efforts, the American Diabetes Association, American College of Cardiology and Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association is offering a comprehensive kit of reproducible patient education handouts on topics related to cardiometabolic risk reduction, pre-diabetes, diabetes, and CVD. The kit covers 29 topics, and is available in English and in Spanish.
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) - A multidisciplinary professional membership organization of healthcare professionals dedicated to integrating successful self-management as a key outcome in the care of people with diabetes and related conditions.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) - ADA is the nation's leading 501(c)3 nonprofit health organization providing diabetes research, information, and advocacy. Included on this site is Professional Resources Online, which is a library of online resources to find quick answers to clinical questions.
- National Federation of the Blind - The largest most influential membership organization of blind people in the United States. The organization improves blind people's lives through advocacy, education, research, technology, and programs encouraging independence and self-confidence.
- National Kidney Disease Education Program (NKDEP) - NKDEP is an initiative of the National Institutes of Health, designed to reduce the morbidity and mortality caused by kidney disease and its complications. Health professional can find tools and resources along with patient education materials.
- National Kidney Foundation, Inc. - A major voluntary health organization that seeks to prevent kidney and urinary tract diseases, improve the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by these diseases, and increase the availability of all organs for transplantation.
- National Medical Association (NMA) - The NMA promotes the collective interests of physicians and patients of African descent. The mission is carried out by serving as the collective voice of physicians of African descent and as a leading force for parity in medicine, elimination of health disparities, and promotion of optimal health.
Safe Syringe/Needle Disposal • Safe Needle Disposal
• Community Options for Needle Disposal
• Indiana Recommendations for Safe Needle Disposal
• Protect Yourself, Protect Others - Safe Options for Home Needle Disposal
- Application for Insulin and Township Claim - A form for Indiana residents who are in need of insulin and who are financially unable to purchase it. To be completed by the physician and local county health officer. - Document
- Confidential Report of Blindness or Visual Impairment State Form - Effective January 1, 1992, the Indiana State Department of Health has been mandated by the legislature to maintain a registry of blind/visually impaired individuals in the state of Indiana. The purpose of the registry is to maintain a list of blind/visually impaired individuals so that these individuals can be made aware of and be put in touch with the various services that are available. - Document
Back to Top