Office of Public Health Performance Management
The Office of Public Health Performance Management is responsible for leading the agency's efforts in continuous quality improvement, professional development, performance management, strategic thinking and planning, and accreditation readiness.
OPHPM has also developed its own goals and objectives to assist in accomplishing the overall agencies strategic priorities.
OPHPM Strategic Goals
1. Use a performance management system to monitor achievement of organizational objectives
2. Develop and implement QI processes integrated into organizational practice, programs, processes, and interventions
3. Build upon the workforce development infrastructure
4. Aligning the agency toward a shared vision
5. Communicate OPHPM's role and responsibilities
6. Ensure achievement of evidence base practices (Accreditation and assessment)
Request for Training or Technical Assistance
For training and technical assistance please contact us at OPHPM@isdh.IN.gov.
ISDH Strategic Priorities
The Indiana State Department of Health’s (ISDH) mission is to promote, protect, and improve the health and safety of all Hoosiers. ISDH’s vision is a healthier and safer Indiana. ISDH holds several core values consistent with its mission and vision:
- Integrity—We are honest, trustworthy, and transparent. We will do the right things to achieve the best public health outcomes.
- Innovation— We encourage innovation to continuously enhance our programs and services, engage our workforce, advance our mission, and keep pace with community needs, and to communicate and utilize scientific data and evidence-based practices to achieve optimal health.
- Collaboration—We will achieve optimal health for all Hoosiers when we work side by side with partners, communities, and individuals.
- Excellence—We will work every day to provide the best public health services to the citizens of Indiana through continuous quality improvement.
- Dedication—We are committed to solving public health issues by focusing on what we can do, not what we can’t.
ISDH is committed to quality improvement (QI) and professional development to enhance the agency’s performance and achieve desired results. A high-performing, quality improvement-centered agency changes the way in which business is accomplished by actively:
· Focusing energies on the needs of the customer
· Utilizing data to analyze problems and performance concerns
· Involving employees who know the issue and will be most impacted by the improvement opportunity
· Developing solutions and improvements based on thorough data analysis
· Engaging customers and stakeholders
· Implementing improvements in a data-driven manner
· Monitoring and evaluating performance in a consistent manner
· Striving to make consistent improvements over time
State Health Assessment & Improvement Plan
The Indiana State Department of Health worked with several agencies and organizations throughout 2017 and 2018 to develop of the Indiana State Health Assessment and Improvement Plan (IN-SHA/SHIP). In conjunction with partners from across the state, ISDH gathered epidemiological data and key informant interviews to paint a picture of the health of Indiana’s residents. This data informed the development of the State Health Improvement Plan, which provides strategies and objectives for improving Indiana’s health over the next three-and-a-half years.
View the plan here: 2018 Indiana State Health Assessment and Improvement Plan
Interested in learning more? Email OPHPM@isdh.IN.gov