Art Logsdon, JD, Assistant Commissioner, Health and Human Services Commission
- Art graduated from Butler University with a B.S. in journalism and from Indiana University with both a master’s degree in public administration and a law degree. He has served three separate stints at the State Department of Health in roles as diverse as the agency’s communications director, deputy director of the legal office, assistant commissioner for the Health Care Quality and Regulatory Commission and director of the Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention. He continues to have responsibility for trauma and injury prevention in his role as Assistant Commissioner for the Health and Human Services commission. Outside the State Department of Health, he has served as the editor of three weekly newspapers on Indianapolis’ west side, in public relations for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Indiana, in the private practice of law and as president and CEO of the Indiana Health Care Association.
Katie Gatz, Director, Trauma and Injury Prevention Division
- Katie graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Science degree in industrial engineering and a minor in management. She worked at Frito-Lay as a front line supervisor for a year and a half prior to joining ISDH in 2012.
Jessica Skiba, Injury Prevention Epidemiologist
- Jessica graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Cellular, Molecular, and Developmental Biology and from the University of Michigan School of Public Health with a Master’s degree in Epidemiology and Certificate in Public Health Genetics. She worked at the UMSPH Center for Public Health and Community Genomics, St. Joseph Community Health Foundation, and the McMillen Center for Health Education prior to joining ISDH.
Murray Lawry, EMS Registry Manager
- Murray graduated from Ball State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and a Masters in Public Administration. He is also a certified EMT. Murray has been with the Indiana State Department of Health for a number of years. He transferred to the Trauma Program from the ISDH Hospital Preparedness Program, where he was responsible for the hospitals in Preparedness Planning Districts 1,2,3,4 and 6.
Camry Hess, Trauma Registry Data Analyst
- Camry graduated from Goshen College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and Environmental Science and from the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health with a Master’s degree in biostatistics. She worked at the Center for Health Policy at IUPUI prior to joining ISDH.