- To identify, coordinate, and set statewide priorities for women's health programs, services, and resources;
- To educate and advocate for women's health, providing statewide leadership for better access to and financing for health services, preventive screening, treatment services, and health education efforts;
- To seek funding and partnerships from private or governmental entities for programs and initiatives;
- To promote programs that are especially sensitive to the needs of underserved and disadvantaged women, and those with special needs;
- To serve as a clearinghouse for information, current research and data and to assist policy-makers;
- To provide leadership and mentoring opportunities for young women.
The Office of Women's Health works cooperatively with all of the divisions in the Indiana State Department of Health, encouraging a gender focus on health issues that impact all Hoosier women.