ERM Application Go-Live Delayed
The go-live for the new Employer Reporting and Maintenance (ERM) application, originally scheduled for April 1, has been delayed. A new go-live date will be communicated to you in a matter of weeks.
Why the delay?
In meetings with employers and those developing the application, three issues surfaced that demonstrated a need for a delay.
- More Employer Training & Preparation: Employers around the state have worked diligently to be ready for an April 1 go-live. But, while many were ready to submit data, many more wanted additional time for training and working out internal processes required for a move from quarterly to payroll-based submission.
- Time to Fix Software Bugs and Defects: The ERM development team needs more time to make certain all software bugs and defects in the new application are fixed. The INPRS team wants to be certain ERM will work flawlessly for employers when launched.
- Time to Migrate Historic Data: The new ERM system will provide employers access to a vast amount of historical data related to their employees. INPRS would like more time to make certain the data is clean and accurate before migrating to ERM.
- Will wage and contribution submission remain quarterly until the new system goes live?
ANSWER: Yes. You will submit wages and contributions in the same manner, and by the same deadlines, until the new ERM qo-Iive date. We will communicate to you well ahead of time what that new date is.
- When is the new ERM go-live date?
ANSWER: The new go-live date is still being considered , with the help of employers in the ERM pilot group. You will be notified of a new go-live date well ahead of time, likely in the next few weeks.
- Does this mean the ERM project may be delayed indefinitely?
ANSWER: No. The ERM application will be live very soon. We're committed to driving this project forward to an excellent completion as soon as possible.
- I still need training. When can I get it?
ANSWER: A large number of online and workshop training sessions have already been scheduled. The delay in go-live will simply give us more time to make sure you have the training you need. We'll continue with the current schedule of workshops and webinars. In addition, more workshops and webinars will be made available. Computer Based Training (CBT) is now available for your training needs. This training is strongly recommended as a precursor to webinars and workshops. For more information, visit: https://er.inprs.in.gov/.
- What about the "Soft Open"? When can I test the new ERM application?
ANSWER: The soft open will allow employers to use and become comfortable with the new ERM application before it goes live. The delay will lengthen the soft open window, allowing employers more time to become familiar with ERM in a safe "test" environment. This will provide more opportunity to both understand the application, and to understand what internal processes are needed to support the ERM process. Watch your e-mail for more details on the ERM schedule.
- Will INPRS tell my payroll vendor about the delay?
ANSWER: INPRS will notify any payroll vendors for which we have contact information. We urge you to make certain your payroll vendor, IT support staff, etc. are notified of this delay. A good first step is to forward this e-mail to anyone who may need to know.
Every attempt has been made to verify that the information in this publication is correct and up-to-date. Published content does not constitute legal advice. If a conflict arises between information contained in this publication and the law, the applicable law shall apply.