- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana Public Retirement System

Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) > Employers > Employer Handbook > PERF Employer Handbook: Changing a Name and/or Address PERF Employer Handbook: Changing a Name and/or Address

It is recommended to remind employees to report any name and/or address changes to the INPRS office. Employees may change their mailing address and name electronically by logging into PERF Online. They can also report any change on the PERF Change of Name form (State Form 946) or Change of Address form (State Form 54302), available online. If the forms are not available, they can submit changes to PERF in writing via mail or fax. An employee must include his/her:

  • Social Security number
  • previous name and/or address
  • new name and/or address
  • printed name and signature
Mailing Address
One North Capitol, Suite 001
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Central Fax Numbers
Local: (317) 232-3882
Toll-free: (866) 591-9441

It is essential that members who are either terminating employment or retiring should report any address changes to PERF.

Employers may also perform name changes for employees within the ERM application. The employer must acknowledge that they have the information listed above, as well appropriate legal documentation such as a court order, divorce decree or marriage license. Employers may need to update a member’s named based on errors generated from wage and contribution reports. See the Member Management User Manual available from the ERM Manuals page, for more information on modifying certain member demographics in ERM.

Section nine: Separation from Employment