- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana Public Retirement System

Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) > My Fund > Teachers > 1099-R Information for TRF Members 1099-R Information for TRF Members

Why did I receive a Form 1099-R?
TRF is required by federal law to provide a Form 1099-R to anyone who received money from the fund in 2013. This information is also provided to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
What should I do with the form?
You should use your Form 1099-R when completing your tax returns. If an accountant or other professional prepares your returns, you should provide this form or a copy of this form to your tax preparer. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) provides instructions for completing tax returns, and also offers information online at You may wish to contact your tax advisor regarding questions related to completing your tax return.

Why did I receive more than one Form 1099-R from TRF?
If you received distributions in 2013 of more than one benefit type, then you will receive a Form 1099-R for each benefit type. The benefit type description is displayed in Box 7 of the Form 1099-R. This description will assist you in associating the amount reflected on each form with its proper benefit type.

What is included in Box 5 Employee Contributions (Non-taxable)?
Box 5 represents the non-taxable portion of your 2013 distributions.

Why are there blank boxes on my Form 1099-R?
The Form 1099-R was designed by the IRS to apply to many different types of organizations and types of payments. As a result, there are several boxes that do not specifically apply to members of TRF – those boxes are left blank.

How do I get a duplicate copy of my Form 1099-R?
If you are a registered user of TRF Interactive, you can view or print your 1099-R beginning Jan. 31, 2014, by logging in here. You can also request a duplicate copy of your Form 1099-R after Feb. 14, 2014, by calling TRF toll-free at (888) 286-3544.

What should I do if I have not received my 2013 Form 1099-R in the mail?
The 2013 Form 1099-Rs will be postmarked by Jan. 31, 2014. Please allow for normal delivery time. Your 1099-R will also be available for you to download on TRF Interactive. If it is not available online and you have not received your Form 1099-R by Feb. 14, 2014, contact TRF toll-free at (888) 286-3544.

Which payments are included on the 2013 Form 1099-R?
The 2013 Form 1099-R reflects all amounts paid during the 2013 tax year, regardless of the month in which the amounts were paid. The 2013 Form 1099-R includes payments with issue dates from Jan. 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2013.

How do I correct my address on my 2013 Form 1099-R?
An incorrect address does not affect the validity of your Form 1099-R. However, you should notify TRF of your correct address to ensure prompt delivery of benefit payments and/or correspondence. You may do this online here or contact us toll-free at (888) 286-3544.

I believe that my TRF-issued 1099-R is incorrect. What should I do?
For any questions regarding your Form 1099-R, you may send an e-mail by logging on to your TRF Interactive account or call TRF toll-free at (888) 286-3544.