The INDOT team consists of more than 3,600 people throughout the state of Indiana. INDOT is committed to providing a meaningful path for each team member as it continues to create and sustain a superior transportation system. INDOT continues to foster growth and new ideas that will save lives and money by exploring new methods and partnerships. Through a commitment to safety and bringing value to the State of Indiana, INDOT is always looking for talented individuals to carry us into the future. INDOT hires a vast range of positions including: highway and construction engineers, project managers, highway technicians, signal technicians, surveyors, mechanics, engineering assistants, and administrative personnel, as well as professionals in the communications, finance, human resources, information technology, and legal fields.
Whether you are an established professional in the transportation field, or at the start of your career, INDOT has exciting and challenging opportunities for you.
If you have questions regarding employment opportunities with INDOT, please contact INDOT at firstname.lastname@example.org
INDOT Full-Time and Seasonal Positions
- If you are having trouble viewing the job openings for INDOT via Google Chrome, download the RSS Subscription Extension (by Google). This adds to your toolbar and our feeds should display properly in Chrome.
INDOT aims to hire multiple Seasonal Winter Program Workers at upcoming job fairs. Successful hires will work as snow plow drivers during snow and ice events and may perform general highway maintenance duties during the winter season (November - March). More job fairs will be posted when dates and locations are finalized.
- Aurora: Tuesday, September 19 at 8074 US 50 West (12 p.m.-5 p.m.)
- Cloverdale: Tuesday, September 19 at 10 High Street (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Crawfordsville: Thursday, September 21 at 41 West 300 North Crawfordsville (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Clarksville Tuesday, October 3 at 5701 Highway 31 (2 p.m.-5 p.m.)
- Gary: Tuesday, October 3 at 7601 Melton Road (12 p.m.-4 p.m.)
- LaPorte: Wednesday, October 4 at 315 E Boyd Boulevard (12 p.m.-4 p.m.)
- Logansport: Thursday, October 12 at 2168 South SR 25 (12 p.m.-4 p.m.)
- New Albany: Thursday, September 21 at 2125 State St (8 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Plymouth: Thursday, October 5 at 2845 Jack Greenlee Dr (12 p.m.-4 p.m.)
- Rensselaer: Tuesday, October 10 at 1130 East Maple (12 p.m.-4 p.m.)
- West Lafayette: Tuesday, October 3 at 2319 U.S. 231 (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
Governor's Public Service Summer Internship Program
INDOT participates in the Governor’s Public Service Summer Internship Program. This program places students in summer internships with various Indiana state agencies. Interested students should apply at the State Personnel Department Website, add link here to http://www.jobs.in.gov/. To be considered, interested students must submit an online application for the specific internship(s) of choice via the State of Indiana job bank. The application period begins during late Fall early Winter each year.
How To Apply to a State Position
To apply for open positions, visit the State Job Bank. To explore state employment, visit the Indiana State Personnel Department. For a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the online application system, click here.