Community Crossings Matching Grant
INDOT Technical Application Pathway (ITAP) Login
For access to:
- Call for Projects
- Local Quarterly Report
- LPA Pre-Award Certification & Assurance Survey
- Asset Management for LPA Bridges
- Repurposing of Earmarks FY 2016
- Title VI/ADA 2016 LPA Pre-Certification Survey
- INDOT is finishing its desk review of the LPAs who responded to the 2015 Pre-certification Survey. We want to thank all of you who took the time to respond to the survey in 2015 and have worked with us in improving overall Title VI and ADA compliance in the State of Indiana. Since most 2015 survey respondents have submitted required documentation or, in the alternative, have submitted voluntary compliance agreements with INDOT and are in process of preparing required program documentation, INDOT would like to avoid duplicate records and focus its 2016 Annual survey efforts on those communities who did not take the survey in 2015 or who have not yet been reviewed. Therefore, The following sub-recipients will be considered EXEMPT from the 2016 annual pre-certification survey:
- LPAs, cities, towns, counties or other sub-recipients who completed the pre-certification survey in 2015 AND
- Who have submitted a voluntary commitment letter to INDOT to resolve deficiencies OR are compliant. For compliance status questions, please contact Kimberly Radcliff (email@example.com).
- Please note that even those communities who are exempt from completing the 2016 survey are responsible for notifying INDOT if their Title VI or ADA Coordinator has changed or if they have updated their program documents, in which case an updated copy should be provided to INDOT. If you have any questions regarding this exemption from the 2016 Pre-certification Survey, please contact Kimberly Radcliff (firstname.lastname@example.org) (317) 232-0924 or Erin Hall (email@example.com) (317) 234-6142. Unless you meet both of the above conditions, you are still required to complete the pre-certification survey in 2016.
- Audits and/or Action Plans
- Title VI Training Memo (04/16/2015)
- Railroad Grade Crossing Safety Enhancement GRANTS
- 100% reimbursable state grant money available for 2017
- To promote Railroad Grade Crossing Safety, the Indiana Department of Transportation Rail Office encourages your community or railroad to apply for 100% reimbursable grant funds to pay for certain types of rail safety improvements. The application process is fairly simple and applicants can receive up to $40,000 for enhancements such as advance warning signs, pavement markings or - for railroads - for rough crossing surface improvements. Other types of improvements may also be considered after discussions with INDOT.
- The detailed guidelines for the program, along with application forms for both communities and railroad companies can be found at www.in.gov/indot/2394.htm
Local public agencies face a variety of capital program improvement needs. These needs directly affect quality of life for residents and the ability of cities and towns to attract and retain businesses. INDOT works proactively to assist Local Public Agencies (LPA) in addressing capital needs.
INDOT shares gas tax revenue from the state Motor Vehicle Highway Fund (MVHF) and Local Road and Street Fund (LRSF) with LPAs. INDOT also makes available 25 percent of the federal funds apportioned to it under Congressional Highway Authorization Bills. The program that administers and oversees the use of these funds is called the INDOT Local Public Agency Program (LPA Program).
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) signs an agreement with each State Department of Transportation to allow states to oversee the responsibilities and execution of their Local Public Agency Program. INDOT’s LPA Program’s Guidance Document is the resource manual for INDOT’s LPA Program. It is the primary source of program information and guidelines that should be followed during an INDOT LPA project from cradle to grave. Revisions to the LPA Guidance Document can be found here.
When INDOT agrees to facilitate a federal-aid project with an LPA, both parties sign the INDOT-LPA Contract. The LPA Local Projects Letting Prep Schedule 2016-2022 is the schedule LPAs use to track progress and meet required timelines during project development.
The INDOT LPA Program is a reimbursement program, meaning the LPA pays for project billings as they incur and then submits the LPA Invoice-Voucher for reimbursement of the federal funding percentage agreed upon for their project.
Information that may significantly impact LPAs receiving federal-aid through INDOT will be posted here temporarily. All communications from the INDOT LPA Department are sent through a subscription service called GovDelivery. It is highly recommended that all LPAs read the instructions to subscribe.
Local Public Agency Consultant Information
The process for hiring a consultant for a federal-aid project must follow specific requirements set by the Federal Highway Administration. For more about this process and resources you will need, visit our Local Public Agency Program Consultant Information webpage.
Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
When federal funding opportunities are available for Local Public Agencies through INDOT, they will be posted on the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) webpage.
To apply for, participate in, or work on a federal-aid project, your organization may need to meet certain training requirements. For more information about these requirements, upcoming training opportunities, other helpful tools and resources, visit our LPA Training, Tools & Resources webpage.
Local Public Agency Title VI/ADA Compliance
- To remain an eligible sub-recipient for federal funding through INDOT, all LPAs must maintain their compliance with civil rights laws and nondiscrimination policies and procedures.
One method INDOT uses to measure federal-aid sub-recipient compliance is through an annually required survey titled “LPA Pre-Award Certification & Assurances”. For more information on the survey, please visit the ‘Other Tools & Resources’ section of our LPA Training, Tools & Resources webpage. For more information on Title VI/ADA Compliance, visit INDOT’s Economic Opportunity webpage.
Local Public Agency Right-of-Way
- As of August 2014, the Right-of-Way review process is now conducted through INDOT’s Central Office. The following resources relate to the Right-of-Way phase of an LPA project. LPA Right-of-Way parcel forms or the updated MAP-21 Relocation information can be found in Buying Forms within the Real Estate Manuals.
Local Public Agency Training, Tools & Resources
- For questions, please contact: LPAQuestions@indot.in.gov.
Kathy L. Eaton-McKalip
LPA/MPO Grant Administrator
Indiana Department of Transportation
100 N. Senate Ave. IGCN 955
Indianapolis, IN 46204
LPA Training Program Director
Indiana Department of Transportation
100 N. Senate Ave. IGCN 955
Indianapolis, IN. 46204