Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
INDOT will plan, build, maintain and operate a superior transportation system enhancing safety, mobility, and economic growth.
1. Let an estimated 213 INDOT construction contracts valued at approximately $981MM in FY2013. Projects to be let include 44 Major New Projects valued at approximately $620MM and 169 Preservation Projects valued at approximately $361MM.
FY 2014: Let 260 INDOT construction contracts in FY2014, including 244 Preservation Projects and 16 Major New Projects.
2. Implement employee training and organizational changes to improve INDOT’s project management core competency. Create, communicate and deploy a consistent method to successfully manage projects agency-wide.
3. Improve INDOT’s work zone safety program and results. Increase employee involvement, responsibility, and accountability to provide a safe work environment and reduce employee injuries and crashes.
4. Reduce the number of severe crashes on INDOT roadways. Install proven safety treatments (i.e. rumble stripes, safety edge) to reduce vehicle lane departures, especially in rural areas.
5. Develop and implement new business practices to improve agency productivity and financial accountability. Engage INDOT’s management staff to modernize service delivery while fostering INDOT’s cultural values of respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence.
1. Respect - Treat others fairly. Value the individual skills, experience, diversity and contributions of fellow employees.
2. Team Work - Share information and seek input from co-workers and agency partners to achieve goals.
3. Accountability - Take personal responsibility for actions and decisions.
4. Excellence - Provide exceptional customer service through individual initiative, innovation and delivery of quality results.