Law Enforcement Job Opportunities
To submit a job posting send a brief description of the position (see examples below) including expiration date, to James Miner.
Important: Please be sure to include an ending date for the listing, otherwise it will automatically be removed one month after posting. If you have any questions about getting a job posted, email - email@example.com or call Jim @ (317) 837-3284.
- Hiring: Jackson County Sheriff's Department
- Hiring: Ball State University Police Department
- Hiring: Noble County Sheriff's Department
- Hiring: Howard County Sheriff's Office
- Hiring: North Webster Police Department
- Hiring: Town of Churubusco
- Hiring: Knightstown Police Department
- Hiring: Clinton County Prosecutor's Office
- Hiring: Vevay Police Department
- Hiring: Attica Police Department
- Hiring: Centerville Police Department
- Hiring: Avon Police Department
- Hiring: MSD Decatur Township
- Hiring: DePauw University Police Department
- Hiring: St. John Police Department
- Hiring: Indiana University South Bend Police Department
- Hiring: Garrett Police Department
- Hiring: Zionsville Police Department
- Hiring: Wabash City Police Department
- Hiring: Grant County Sheriff's Office
- Hiring: Hamilton County Sheriff's Office
- Hiring: Muncie Police Department
- Hiring: Marion Police Department
- Hiring: Paoli Police Department
- Hiring: Lafayette Police Department
- Hiring: West Lafayette Police Department
- Hiring: Kokomo Police Department
The Jackson County Sheriff's Department is now accepting applications for the position of Merit Deputy. Applications MUST be turned in by August 10th, 2020.
Applications can be picked up at the Jackson County Sheriff's Department Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Department is located at 150 E. SR 250 Brownstown, IN 47220. Applications can also be printed from the Sheriff's Department website www.jacksoncountysheriffin.org under the Links & Resources tab.
Applicants must be at least 21 years old, must be a high school graduate or have GED, must possess a valid driver's license, and must be able to pass a criminal background check.
The hiring process may include all or some of the following: Physical agility test, written examination, department review board, background investigation, Merit board interview, and voice stress test.
If you have any questions contact, Sheriff Rick Meyer, Chief Deputy Dustin Steward, or Lt. Adam.Nicholson at 812.358.2141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com , or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ball State University Police Department is accepting applications from Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Tier 1 certified Officers.
Training pay rate $21.44/Post-training rate $25.19 with two years of previous full time sworn law enforcement experience.
Applicants must be able to perform all functions outlined in the job duties and pass a written exam and polygraph exam.
Benefits include: Paid time off, 9 holidays, medical and dental benefits, fee remission for employee and dependents after one year of full-time employment.
Applications will be accepted through July 31, 2020. Written exam is scheduled for Saturday, August 15, 2020 at 8:00am. Follow the link below for additional information and application.
The Noble County Sheriff’s Department is NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR Deputy Sheriff
!!!THIS IS FOR A LATERAL POSITION ONLY!!!
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, be an ILEA certified police officer and possess a valid driver’s license.
Additional minimum standards and criteria are included with the application.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete the following phases of the lateral hiring process:
- physical agility test (based on ILEA Exit Standards),
- psychological evaluation, polygraph or voice stress test,
- drug screen, medical examination,
- oral interview(s), and a background investigation.
Salary for this position is $51,000.00 after completion of 90 day @ 10% less pay and 180 day probationary period.
Applications may be picked up at the
Noble County Sheriff’s Office
210 S. 7th St., Albion, IN
or you can go to www.noblecountysheriff.com and download an application under Career Opportunities
Applications must be completed and returned to the Noble County Sheriff’s Department
By Friday July 10th, 2020 at 3:00PM.
Howard County Sheriff's Office is taking applications for Lateral Transfer Officer
Lateral Transfer Policy:
Must currently be working as a full-time officer with continuous service with the same agency.
Must be in good standing with the agency in which you are currently employed.
Must have completed Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Officers Tier 1 Course.
Available to work all shifts, including holidays and weekends.
Must successfully complete an accelerated Field Training Program.
$5000 Bonus for Lateral Transfer
Annual Longevity Bonus
Vacation days matching years of service
Performance Salary Incentives, Including:
$1500 annual Accident Reconstructionist, $500 annual Certified Instructor, $250 annual Intoxilyzer Operator
We offer a wide range of opportunities, including:
SWAT team, Dive team, Negotiator, K-9
Applications taken until 12-31-2020 Applications found at: www.howardcountyin.gov
North Webster Police Dept. is now accepting applications for patrol officer. Applications can be picked up at North Webster P.D., 144 S. Main St., North Webster, (574-834-2700) during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:30. Applicants must pass, written exam, physical exam, oral interviews, background checks, psychological exam and polygraph. Applicants must be 21 years of age, have a high school diploma or equivalent. Applications will be accepted through July 31, 2020. North Webster P.D. is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions: Chief Greg Church at 574-834-2700 or email@example.com
The Town of Churubusco is currently accepting applications for a full-time deputy marshal position. This position will be under the direction of the Town Marshal and employed within the Churubusco Police Department. Applications and a complete job description can be obtained and returned to the Churubusco Government Center, 204 N. Line Street., Churubusco, Indiana or by emailing Marshal Dustin Papenbrock at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on July 14, 2020.
The following essential job functions comprise a summary of job duties, requirements, and responsibilities contained in the job description prepared for this position. The job description will serve as the primary document in the selection and hiring process and constitutes the context for incumbent job performance and evaluation. To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Patrols a designated area of the Town on foot or in a radio cruiser to preserve law and order, to prevent and discover the commission of a crime, and to enforce traffic and parking regulations.
• Answers calls and complaints involving fire, automobile accidents, robberies and other misdemeanors and felonies.
• At scene of crime administers first aid, conducts preliminary investigations, gathers evidence, obtains witnesses, and makes arrests; testifies as a witness in court.
• Interviews persons with complaints and inquiries and attempts to make the proper disposition or direct them to proper authorities.
• Issues traffic tickets; directs traffic at intersections; participates in escorting funerals and house-movers.
• Conducts accident investigations providing first-aid for injured, taking safeguards to prevent further accidents; interviews principals and witnesses, taking written statements from drivers, witnesses; examines vehicles and roadways, observing traffic control devices and obstruction to view; takes necessary street measurements; clears the scene of obstructions and wreckage.
• Escorts prisoners to and from County jail; ensures that prisoners are properly guarded; supervises trustees washing cars and cleaning buildings.
• Acts as custodian of personal property and evidence being held for court presentation; maintains records of property and evidence
• Investigates crimes; searches for and preserves evidence; questions suspects and witnesses; checks pawn shops; maintains surveillance over persons and places suspected of vice operations.
• Assists in interrogation and investigations which may involve juveniles.
• Assists other officers in situations which may involve juveniles
• Performs other related police duties as assigned.
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must be able to receive a passing score with a handgun, rifle, and shotgun
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have knowledge of police duties and police equipment
• Must be certified by the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy and currently serving as a law enforcement officer
• MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO WORK EXTENDED, EVENING, AND/OR WEEKEND HOURS AS NEEDED
• MUST COMPLY WITH ALL EMPLOYER AND DEPARTMENT POLICIES AND WORK RULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTENDANCE, SAFETY, PERSONAL CONDUCT, AND DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
Candidates must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position, including exerting sustained physical effort, bending, reaching, crouching/kneeling, standing/walking for long periods, sitting for long periods, climbing ladders, pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying objects weighing more than 50 pounds, handling/ grasping /fingering objects, hearing sounds/communication, close and far vision, able to understand and follow oral and written instructions, able to work with others in a team environment, able to effectively communicate with co-workers and citizens, including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities and disabilities.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION NEEDED:
Possession of a current valid Indiana driver's license and demonstrated safe driving record with ability to be insured at a reasonable cost required. Must pass a pre-employment drug and/or alcohol test and adhere to Town/Department policy. Must pass a criminal background check.
The Knightstown Police Department will be accepting applications for the position of reserve patrolman. All applications must be turned in by 6:00 PM 7/10/2020. Applications can be printed from the following link.
Please drop off all applications to Knightstown Police Department located at 120 East Main Street Knightstown, IN. 46148 or email to email@example.com
The position of reserve police officer will be offered to the best candidate(s) who are successful in the following testing areas: Written exam, interviews, and a physical agility assessment. Requirements include: High School Diploma or GED, Valid Driver's License & the Ability to pass a background investigation. Must be at least 21 years of age & have proof of U.S. citizenship. Current Law Enforcement Officers are encouraged to apply, however there will be a pre-basic and Field Training program for those with little to no experience. Reserve patrol officers are required to work a minimum of 16 hours per month and attend 4 hours per month of mandated training. Please contact Interim Police Chief Frank Beatrice with any questions you may have at (765)345-2785.
The Clinton County Prosecutor’s Office has a vacancy for a full time investigator. Prior experience or education related to criminal investigations and knowledge related to digital evidence and its use in investigations is required. Position is available beginning on August 17, 2020. Starting annual pay is $50,000. Send resume to:
Anthony Sommer, Prosecuting Attorney
475 Courthouse Square
Frankfort, IN 46041
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vevay Police Department has opened a hiring pool for patrol officer position. Application is located at 305 Walnut Street, Vevay, IN, 47043 ( Vevay Town Hall).
Vevay Town Hall is open Monday thru Friday 8:00a.m - 4:00pm. Deadline for the applications is July 17, 2020 at 4:00pm.
You can also have an application emailed to you by sending a request to email@example.com.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
1. Must be a United States citizen
2. Must be at least 21 years of age when appointed
3. Vision must be correctable to 20/50
4. Must possess a valid operator driver's license
5. Applicant must have earned a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
Process of Applicant
1. Properly fill out Vevay Police Department Application
2. Written Exam
3. Physical Agility
4. Department Interview
5. Police Chief Interview
6. Recommendation of hire to the Vevay Town Counsel
Any questions about the position email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-427-3737.
The Attica Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officers. Applicants must be at least 21 years old at the time of appointment. Testing will begin in the Fall of 2020. The testing process includes a Physical Agility Assessment, Written Exam, Background Investigation, an Interview with a board of officers, and interview with the Attica Police Merit Board.
The applicant must reside within 15 miles of the Attica city limits to receive a take home vehicle (after FTO is completed) or a contiguous county within in 1 year of appointment. Applicants must possess a High School Diploma/G.E.D. Applicants must also possess or be able to acquire a valid Indiana driver’s license. The Attica Police Department will be accepting applications until August 31, 2020.
• Probationary Officer without academy Salary: $42.989
• Probationary Officer with Academy Salary: $43,520
• First Class Patrolman Salary of $46,627
• Take home vehicle program
• Annual Uniform Allowance
• Retirement Pension through 1977 PERF
• 40 hours of Vacation time after first year
• 80 hours of Holiday time
• 16 hours of Personal time
• 8 hours per month of Sick time (up to 120 hours)
• Over-time pay (after 40 hours of comp time accumulated)
• Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Applications can be picked up at the Attica Police Department located at 200 South McDonald Street; Attica, IN 47918. Additional information can be obtained by calling (765) 762-7039
The Centerville Police Department is accepting applications. Must be at least 21 years of age, High School diploma or Equivalent required. Please pick up application M-F 8am-4:30pm at the Centerville Municipal Bldg. located at 204 East Main Street. Applications are to be submitted no later than Friday, July 17, 2020.
Questions may be directed to Chief Ed Buchholz @ email@example.com
The Avon Police Department is now accepting online pre-applications for full-time Police Officers. Starting salary is $52,000.00 and $56,825.60 for First Class Officer. Testing will begin on Saturday, August 15th 2020 at 8:00 a.m. at the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy with the physical agility test and written exam on the same day. The pre-application deadline is Friday, August 14th 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
For detailed information about the benefit package and to enroll in this process, please submit your online pre-application at https://www.avongov.org/department/division.php?structureid=34
MSD Decatur Township is accepting applications for a School Resource Officer position. The SRO will collaborate with all stakeholders in an effort to educate and improve students’ grades, and attendance, while also reducing juvenile delinquency and crime through everyday interventions.
Please visit https://www.decaturproud.org/hr/teach-with-us to apply within Decatur Township. Deadline for accepting applications is July 10, 2020.
● Must be twenty-one year of age and possess valid driver’s license.
● Must have completed 40 hours of school resource officer training. (preferred)
● Must have Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Certification.
● Must be able to pass a yearly physical demand assessment. (ILEA physical training requirements for basic recruits)
● Must have acceptable background check by the Indiana State police.
● Good Health, high moral character, and good attendance record.
● Must be weapons certified and licensed to carry firearms.
● Acquires and maintains CPR and AED certification.
● Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
● Requires occasional lifting or other items weighing up to 50 pounds.
An SRO’s responsibilities are as follows: One is that of a law enforcement officer. Another is that of a law-related counselor and law-related educator who develops relationships with students. An SRO's primary role, however, is to provide law enforcement-type services to a school to encourage everyone to follow all of the school regulations. SROs investigate allegations of criminal incidents and make referrals of students to juvenile authorities, when necessary. Some specific roles and responsibilities are bulleted below:
● Conduct a daily security inspection of the buildings and grounds
● Monitor Crime statistics
● Design and help implement crime prevention strategies
● Train and educate all stakeholders
● Interact with students on a daily basis to build positive relationships
● To see and be seen in our buildings and at events on campus
● Help lead any implementation of school safety initiatives
● Help coordinate with state agencies when crisis situation occurs
DePauw University is seeking to fill the position(s) of Police Officer. Per Indiana code 21-17-5 the Police Officer position is a fully sworn Law Enforcement Officer position. Officers provide for the overall safety and security of the University community and its properties. Officers must complete the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board Certification and maintain their certification annually or be willing to. Police Officers are charged with enforcing federal and state laws, as well as University policies. Officers provide proactive patrols, respond to calls for service and to emergencies, as well as provide educational programming to provide for a safe campus environment.
Applicants shall be at least 21 years of age, possess a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). An Associate degree or higher in Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred but not required. Applicants shall possess a valid Indiana Driver’s License or have the ability to obtain one. All applicants will be required to submit to a psychological evaluation and pass a background check. Applicants shall have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions, and shall not have been dishonorably discharged from the military.
Applicants must have completed the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy training (ILETB standards), or be willing to complete the ILETB certification process within one year of date of hire. Lateral transfer applicants are also encouraged to apply and would be waived from the written and physical testing requirements of the hiring process.
Physical testing will be conducted. Physical testing standards can be found here: https://www.in.gov/ilea/2338.htm. Entrance standards will be used for our hiring process. Following the successful completion of the physical test, applicants will submit to a comprehensive written test.
● Starting salary of $35,360
● After completion of first year or first year and ILEA, salary of $37,440
● Medical, dental and vision insurance plans
● 403B retirement plan
● Employee Assistance Program
● Overtime opportunities
● Paid vacation, holiday, sick and personal time
● Full-time, benefit status employees are eligible for Tuition Waiver at DePauw University. Tuition Waiver applies to one class registration per semester not to exceed one course credit
● Full-time, benefit status employees are eligible for Tuition Remission for their spouse and dependent children pursuing an initial undergraduate degree upon the completion of two years of continuous full-time, benefit status employment
● Access for employees and family to the University Wellness Clinic at no cost
● Access to the University fitness center for employee and family at no cost (weight room, pool, basketball courts, tennis courts, track)
● Shift differential for second and third shifts
● Uniforms provided
● Opportunities for advanced/specialized training
● Bicycle Patrol opportunity
If you would like to work and be part of a culturally diverse and intellectual community, please go to: https://www.depauw.edu/offices/human-resources/employment/ for more details and to apply.
Application deadline is July 6, 2020.
The St. John Police Department is accepting applicants to establish an eligibility list for the position of Police Officer. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent. Must be a US citizen of good moral character with no felony convictions, and possess a valid driver’s license. Applicants must not have attained the age of 36 by the time of their appointment, unless the applicant is an active member of the 77 fund.
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE:
Due to the circumstances concerning covid-19, the St. John Board of Safety has canceled the orientation program referenced below. Applications are now available on line for electronic filing at this address: https://www.stjohnin.com/Residents/Employment.php
Again, there will not be an orientation program.
Completed applications must be returned by Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 4:00 P.M. at the St. John Police Department, 11033 W. 93rd Avenue, St. John, Indiana. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Chief’s Office at 219-365-6032.
Indiana University is accepting applications for a Patrol Officer position on the South Bend campus.
Indiana University’s Law Enforcement Officer is a position for the fully empowered police officer. This position performs law enforcement work to ensure a safe, secure and service oriented environment. Assists other law enforcement agencies as needed.
The Law Enforcement Officer requires candidates to serve at least a one-year probationary period and successfully complete an on-the-job Field Training Officer program.
Please visit https://job.iu.edu to apply for posting number 291920. Deadline for accepting applications is July 6th.
The Garrett Police Department is accepting applications for qualified individuals looking for a challenging and rewarding career as a Police Officer in the City of Garrett. Experience is not required to become a member of the Garrett Police Department, however, lateral entry for experienced officers is available. College graduates and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Starting pay for a Probationary Officer is $40,755 with that increasing to $47,645 for a 1st Class Patrolman. The following benefits are also included for each officer:
• 10 Holidays & 9 paid days off to start
• 10 Holidays &14 paid days off after 1 year
• 10 Holidays & 19 paid days off after 2 years
• $1,000 per year in clothing allowance
• Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
• PERF Retirement
• Longevity Pay
• Take-home vehicle program
Apply Today! Applications are due July 31, 2020. Please go to https://garrettindiana.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/PD-Application-1.pdf to complete the online application. Drop off or send your completed application and supporting documents to: Garrett Police Department, 200 North Cowen Street, Garrett, Indiana 46738
Questions?? Email Cpt Pepple at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call 260-357-5151
The Zionsville Police Department is accepting applications for qualified individuals looking for a career as a police officer in the Town of Zionsville. Experience is not required to become a member of ZPD. Lateral entry for experienced officers is available. College graduates and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Currently officers, after successful completion of their 2nd year of service, earn $63,311.20. The following benefits are also included for each officer:
• 80 Hours Paid Time Off
• $800 Annual Clothing Allowance
• Town Fully-Funded PERF 77 Retirement Fund
• Town Matching 457B
• Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
• Take Home Vehicle Program
• Specialized Units and Pay
Apply Today! Please go to www.zionsville-in.gov to learn more about the ZPD and to complete the online application. Applications are due July 24, 2020 by 4:00 PM. Drop off or send your completed application and supporting documents to: Det. Elizabeth Frost, Zionsville Police Department, 1075 Parkway Drive, Zionsville, IN 46077
Questions? Email Det. Frost at email@example.com or you may call 317-873-5967 ext 8023.
The Wabash City Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Probationary Police Officer starting June 15, 2020, through July 17, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Applications, job description, and agility test requirements can be picked up in person at the Wabash City Police Department located at 1340 Manchester A venue Wabash, Indiana Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00p.m.
Probationary salary $49,319.00
Career Progression Incentive Pay-Longevity, Promotional opportunities through rank structure
Take Home Car after two years residing within Wabash City limits
Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Eye Insurance
Paid Vacation and Sick leave
Under Indiana Code 36-8-4-7, a person may not be appointed as a member of the Wabash City Police Department after the person has reached thirty-six (36) years of age.
Under Indiana Code 36-1-20.2 (Nepotism), a person may not be appointed as a member of the Wabash City Police Department who is related to any officer of the department.
Meet the residency requirements of Indiana Code 36-8-4-2.
The City of Wabash is an equal opportunity employer.
Local contact: Cpt. Matt A. Benson at 260-563-1112 ext 322
Grant county Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for the 2020 Merit Deputy Eligibility List
Info and application available at www.grantcounty.net and at the Sheriff's Office, 214 E. 4th St. Marion, IN.
Applicant must have a valid driver's license, Physical agility test, written tests, extensive background checks will be required.
Completed applications must be received by 4:00pm July 27th, 2020
An application is required
Contact: 765-662- 9836, ext. 2144 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office is a professional law enforcement organization dedicated to providing unparalleled service to its community. The Sheriff's Office offers a wide variety of career opportunities in law enforcement, corrections and civilian support positions. A career with the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office offers many rewards:
Excellent benefits and competitive salaries
Amazing variety of work and challenges
o Opportunities to make significant positive impacts on people in your community
o Challenging public service career
o Pride in being a member of one of the best law enforcement agencies in the country
o Starting Pay with NO experience: $ 52,173.00
Lateral Pay up to: $ 58,694.00
o Top of the line equipment
o Take Home Vehicle
o Pre-Applications for 2020 hiring process due no later than July 24th, 2020.
o Pre-Applications can be found in the side bar under applications.
o Pre-Employment Applications are available at https://www.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/1234/Merit-Sheriff-Deputy-Pre-Application and must be submitted no later than Friday, July 24, 2020.
o Physical Agility Testing and Written Aptitude Testing take place on Saturday, August 1, 2020 at the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office. Only those submitting applications will be allowed to test. Additional information regarding the selection process will be sent once an application is received.
o Recruitment Page:
The Muncie Police Department is currently accepting applications to fill upcoming vacancies on the department. Applications are being accepted through August 28, 2020. We encourage interested persons to complete the application and gather all supporting documents to be submitted. Additional information, including pertinent dates, will be posted when determined. Check back regularly. Lateral transfers are encouraged and accepted.
• Probationary Salary Starts at $42,310.43
• Lateral Transfers start out at $48,080.03 after ist year Probation
• Certified ist Class Salary $50,484.03
• Personally assigned take home vehicle program
• Fourteen paid holidays
• Annual Uniform allowance $1900.00 (initial Uniform and Equipment issued upon hire)
• Max longevity of $2300.00
• 160 hrs. Vacation after 1st year, 240 hrs. vacation after 3rd year
• Incentive pay for Technical certifications and education
• Entry into 1977 Police and Fire Fund
Click link for application: Muncie Police Department Application
The Marion Police Department is taking applications for Patrol Officer. Applicant must be 21-35 years of age; possess a high school diploma or GED; US Citizen; possess a valid driver’s license; meet minimum ILEA physical requirements; no felony convictions and drug free. Starting annual pay is $45,154.
BENEFITS: Optional family Anthem insurance, eye insurance and dental insurance, clothing and holiday pay, generous sick, personal and vacation package; workout facility on premises and take home squad car program. Opportunities include Accident Reconstruction Team, Emergency Response Team, ATV Patrol, Bike Patrol, Detective, Drug Task Force Officer, Field Training Officer, Instructor, K-9 Officer.
Email Carol McLain at email@example.com to have an application emailed or questions answered.
Paoli Police Department is accepting applications for a School Resource Officer.
$43680 Annual Salary ($21 an hour)
Monday through Friday 7:30a-3:30p
Work as patrol officer during School breaks
2 years of law enforcement experience is required Paid Holidays, Vacation, and PTO Medical insurance provided free of cost to employee with dental and vision available Annual training opportunities
This position will be starting at the beginning of 2021 school year.
This posting will end July 30, 2020.
For resume or applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions: contact: Assistant Chief Brandon Mesarosh
Paoli Police Department
1579 W Willow Creek Rd
Paoli IN 47454
The Lafayette Police Department (LPD) is accepting applications for qualified individuals looking for a challenging and rewarding career as a police officer in the City of Lafayette. Experience is not required to become a member of one of the largest municipal police departments in the state. However, lateral entry for experienced officers is available. College graduates and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Currently officers, after successful completion of their 2nd year of service, earn $66,000. The following benefits are also included for each officer:
• Up to 6 weeks of vacation (After 17 years of service)
• $2000 per year in clothing allowance ($500 quarterly)
• Education reimbursement
• Numerous Specialty Units and Pay
• Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
• Our own Training Center with Crossfit workout facility
• Take home vehicle program
Apply Today! Please go to www.lafayettepolice.us to learn more about the LPD and to complete the online application. Applications are due October 1, 2020. Drop off or send your completed application and supporting documents to: Lt. Mike Brown, Lafayette Police Department, 20 N. 6th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901
Questions? Email Lt Brown at email@example.com or you may call 765-807-1222.
The West Lafayette Police Department is looking to fill five open Police Officer positions for 2020. Are you ready to start your journey and join our team? Now is the time! Follow the link to Employment Opportunities under Human Resources and click on the link “See current job openings and apply online” to fill out your application immediately.
Do not miss our Recruitment page for detailed information about the benefits of becoming a WLPD Officer; which includes salary, tuition reimbursement, take home car program and much more. WLPD also has a lateral transfer program for veteran police officers.
Come be a part of one of the fastest growing communities in the State of Indiana. We are also home to one of the top ranked community school corporations throughout the State and country, plus a Big Ten University right in our very own back yard.
Due to the Covid-19 virus, WLPD has suspended the testing date originally scheduled for April 19, 2020. We are still taking applications and will announce a testing date once we can safely do so. Applications already received will be held until such date is announced. Please direct any questions to Lieutenant Michael Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kokomo Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officers. Applicants must be at least 21 years old at the time of appointment. Testing will begin in the spring of 2020. The testing process includes a Physical Agility Assessment, Written Exam, Background Investigation, Polygraph Exam, and an Interview with a board of officers. Lateral Transfer officers are not required to perform the Physical Agility Assessment or the Written Exam.
The applicant must reside in Howard County or a contiguous county at the time of appointment. Applicants must possess a High School Diploma/G.E.D. Applicants must also possess or be able to acquire a valid Indiana driver’s license. The Kokomo Police Department will be accepting applications until December 31, 2020.
• First Class Patrolman Salary of $51,245.
• Longevity Pay
• $2,000 annual Uniform allowance
• 3% shift differential for afternoon and midnight officers
• Retirement Pension through 1977 PERF
• Vacation days
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Retirees Insurance
Applications and additional information can be obtained by visiting the City of Kokomo Website.