Process for Annual Renewal/CE
Indiana Navigator Process for Annual Renewal (3 Steps)
Indiana Navigator certifications are valid for one (1) year and must be renewed each year. The annual renewal requirements for Indiana Navigators consists of Steps 1-3 below. All Indiana Navigators must complete the annual renewal requirements by no later that the last day of the anniversary month of their original certification effective date. So, for example, if an individual was certified as an Indiana Navigator on August 19, 2013, that individual must complete all renewal requirements by no later than August 31st of each proceeding year. A renewed Indiana Navigator license may be printed online at www.sircon.com/indiana by selecting "Print a License."
The process for annual renewal consists of the following three steps:
- NAVIGATOR CE (2 HOURS). Complete a minimum of two (2) hours of Navigator Continuing Education (CE) from an IDOI-approved Navigator CE provider. Visit the Find an Approved Navigator Precertification Education (PE) or Continuing Education (CE) Provider page for more information and a link to search for approved Navigator CE course providers. Once a Navigator completes a Navigator CE course, the course provider will issue a course completion certificate to the Navigator and submit the completion electronically to IDOI. Navigator CE course completion certificates DO NOT need to be submitted by Navigators to IDOI, unless requested by IDOI.
- ONLINE RENEWAL APPLICATION. Complete the online renewal application via Sircon.com. There is nonrefundable online renewal application fee of $50 for Indiana residents and $100 for non-residents, and an online processing fee. NOTE: Additional documentation that may be required may be attached electronically to the application. *Licensed insurance producers and consultants are excluded from this requirement and must submit the Designation Form for Licensed Producers and Consultants.* Indiana Navigators may check the status of their renewal application at www.sircon.com/indiana by selecting "Check license renewal status."
- Sixty (60) days prior to the renewal deadline, Indiana Navigators will be sent a courtesy email reminder to their business email notifying them of the requirement to renew. If the reminder email is not received for any reason, it is still the Navigator's responsibility to renew the certification. Online renewal applications CANNOT be submitted more than sixty (60) days prior to a Navigator's certification expiration date.
- Note: There is a 30-day late period in which Navigator renewal applications may be submitted. If a renewal application is submitted 1-30 days after the Navigator certification expiration date, a late fee of three (3) times the renewal application fee will be applied in addition to the renewal fee. Navigators that fail to renew within the late period would need to complete each of the initial application steps again in order to reactivate the certification.
- CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE FORM. If an Indiana Navigator has an existing or potential Conflict of Interest (as defined by the Conflict of Interest Policy) that has not been previously disclosed to IDOI, the Navigator must submit the Navigator Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form disclosing the Conflict of Interest. The form may be attached electronically to the online application.
All documents may be attached electronically to the online application. They may also be submitted to IDOI by either: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: 317-234-5882 ("attn: Navigator Director"); or Mail: Indiana Department of Insurance, c/o Navigator Director, 311 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2787.