MEWA Quarterly Filing
Quarterly Filing Requirements
Quarterly, a Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (MEWA) must submit the following items and number each submission in the upper right-hand corner to correspond with its number in this Schedule of Requirements:
Quarterlies are due no later than February 15, May 15, August 15 and November 15.
- Quarterly financial statement, including:
- Calculation to confirm compliance with 760 Indiana Administrative Code (IAC) 1-68-2(d)(8): Contributions must be set to fund at least one hundred percent (100%) of the aggregate retention plus all other costs of the MEWA. Amounts contained in a supplemental contribution fund are considered to be contributions that may be utilized by the MEWA to satisfy this requirement.
- A balance sheet and income statement.
- A statement signed by an officer of the MEWA, per 760 IAC 760-1-68-9(a)(1), indicating under which accounting method the financials have been prepared. ( 760 IAC 1-68-9(b)(3)(B) )
- A list of any employers who have obtained coverage with the MEWA during the previous quarter and the number of their covered employees. ( 760 IAC 1-68-9(a)(2) )
Send the quarterly financials and requested information to the following:
Indiana Department of Insurance
311 West Washington Street, Suite 300
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2787