Accident and Health Filings should be submitted by SERFF and include:
- The appropriate completed checklist for the product being filed. Checklists for individual, group, out-of-state, HMO (both group and individual), Medicare supplements, long-term care, and blanket policies. See checklists.
- The 'Location in Submitted Documents' column on the checklist must be completed to indicate the exact location of the required provision within the filing. i.e.form xxx, page xx, section x.
- All policies, applications, riders, etc. must be in final print form with the appropriate forms numbers listed in the lower left corner of at least the first page of each form. Form numbers cannot be variable.
- A Flesch readability certification per IC 27-1-26.
- An actuarial memorandum with accompanying rates for all individual and group health filings. All rates should be submitted with the accompanying policy forms unless you are requesting rate changes on previously approved forms. Rate only filings MUST be submitted by SERFF. Please refer to our Rate Filings Requirements for more detail.
Rate Filings Requirements4.1 Individual New Rate/Form, (Other than Credit, Medicare Supplement and LTC) 4.2 Group New Rate/Form, (Other than Credit, Medicare Supplement and LTC) 4.3 Credit New Rate/Form and Increases/Decreases 4.4 Medicare Supplement and LTC New Rate/Form Filings 7.0 Increases/Decreases Individual (Including all Med Supp and LTC) Excluding Credit
8.0 Increases/Decreases Group (Excluding Med. Supp, LTC and Credit)