Items most often omitted
The following are often omitted from a firm’s M/WBE certification application, but are required before an application can be processed. Please remember to include with your application:
- Copies of W-2's for the previous year, along with the personal income tax return for the same time period. If filing a joint tax return, you must submit W-2's for all parties.
- Responses to all questions on the application for certification. All questions must have a response or should be marked N/A with an explanation.
- List of all company equipment and equipment leases (include office equipment).
- Corporations: Annual salaries of all owners, officers, managers, and directors for the previous year.
- Your firm’s UNSPSC codes for services in section 20 of the application. To research the codes, please visit http://www.unspsc.org/.
- Office lease(s) or deed(s) for all property occupied by the applicant firm. If the firm is not home-based and does not own or lease any property, explain why on page one of the checklist.
- Taxes and balance sheets for the years of operation—if the applicant firm has not been in business for three or more years.
- Out-of-state certification applicants: A like certification from your home state to become certified in the state of Indiana. Hint: Does your certification’s governing agency’s web site include (your state agency).gov.?
- Out-of-state certification applicants: Documentation for the on-site interview (conducted within three years of the date of application).