The New Approach to Office Equipment and Maintenance
The Department of Administration (IDOA) Procurement Division analyzed contract spend and scope requirements for office equipment around the state. The objective of RFP 10-77 was to select a vendor that can satisfy the State’s need for office equipment products, associated product software, product accessories, and product supplies. In doing so, IDOA has awarded the RFP to Ricoh USA, Inc. As a result of this RFP endeavor, the state shall save a total projected savings of over 20% when compared to the previous QPA.
- Statewide Quantity Purchase Agreement (QPA)
- $12M estimated annual spend
- Contract term: May 1, 2011 – April 30, 2015; 2 years with (2) 1-year renewal options
- Over 20% total projected savings when compared to previous QPA.
- No minimum monthly volumes.
- Increased technology advancements.
- Accountable performance metrics
- Early upgrade program.
The purpose of this QPA is to utilize the awarded vendor for the selected regions to satisfy the State’s needs for the purchase of facsimile machines and the lease of digital black & white and color copiers, multi-functional devices (MFDs), related document equipment, supplies and services and cooperativeness with the State’s EMMP for the State of Indiana. This vendor shall provide quality products and excellent service as specified within this RFP, at the most competitive price.
- Contract pricing with significant discounts off the manufacturer’s list price.
- Increased overall savings to your agency.
- Universal service level agreements and metrics.
- Contract management team to monitor and oversee contract compliance.
- Early upgrade program
- Megan Lawson, vendor manager, Indiana Department of Administration
firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.234.0067
Ricoh USA, Inc. Contact
State Agencies Utilizing This QPA
Utilizing This QPA Contract - Initial Steps
- Step 1: Agency and/or other government entities to confirm need for office equipment and review product offering and pricing information.
- Step 2: Agency and/or other government entities to contact Chris Johnson, Ricoh, to review needs and ensure the State guiding principles of Managed Print Services Policy is followed and obtain recommendation on office equipment best suited for office environment.
- Step 3: Once equipment is selected, send Purchase Order to Ricoh utilizing selected Order Entry details in PeopleSoft. For State Employees - all orders should be entered via Punch Out. Please ensure all multiple fiscal year commitments are completed (see user guide below).
- Step 4: Delivery & Training of Equipment.
- Prices will not be adjusted on services without permission of IDOA/Procurement.
- The contract has set pricing for the requested products and services.
- Early Upgrade Program (see resource link below for details)