- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Indiana Department of Administration

Indiana Department of Administration

IDOA > Travel Services Travel Services

|   Contacts   |   Policies   |   Training Materials   |   Reservations   |   Reimbursement Rates   |   Profiles   |   Forms   |   Downtown Rental Parking   |

The IDOA Travel Management Office

  • Assists state employees with business travel arrangements
  • Enforces state travel rules and regulations
  • Works to minimize state business travel costs
  • Drafts and implements policies for state employee travel
  • IDOA has contracted with Corporate Travel Management (CTM) to provide travel services to the state, effective August 1, 2014.


    IDOA Travel Manager
    John Purdy
    Phone: (317) 232-4258
    Fax: (317) 232-7312

    Corporate Travel Management 
    Phone: (855) 416-3902

    Corporate Travel Management Online Helpdesk
    Phone: (206) 674-4441

    After Hours Emergency Travel Service
    Phone: 1 (800) 358-1125, Code S-5CWG


  • State Travel Policy | (.pdf)
  • State Resources Policy | (.pdf)
  • Agency Travel Coordinator Protocol | (.pdf)

  • Training Materials

  • GetThere Quick Reference Guide | Download
  • GetThere Demonstration Video | .swf 
  • PeopleSoft Travel and Expense Documentation
  • PeopleSoft Out-of-State Travel Authorization Guide | .pdf

  • Reservations

    Make a Reservation:
    Login using the ID and password provided to you by CTM. If login information was not provided, you may register a new profile through the site.

    Note: The state incurs a usage fee for any reservation made online through GetThere or offline through CTM’s representatives. Out-of-state travel must be arranged through one of these methods. However, for in-state travel, hotel reservations of less than 10 rooms can be made directly with the hotels.

    Group Reservations
    All reservations of 10 or more rooms must go through CTM, when the State is covering the costs of the rooms. To begin this process, complete the Group Hotel Request Form in the "Resources" section of the CTM website. The submission will be sent to CTM, whose staff will begin a request for quote process with hotels meeting your criteria. Once the requesting agency reviews the responses and chooses a hotel, the agency is to complete a contract with the awarded hotel, using the State’s contract for services boilerplate. For any questions on this process, please contact  


    The two profile types in GetThere are planners and travelers.
      • Planners are able to make reservations on behalf of those whose profiles are linked to theirs
      • Travelers are only able to make reservations for themselves

    There are no limitations on the number of profiles the state may create, and all profiles are permanent until actively deleted. Anyone can create a traveler profile by registering an account on the GetThere Indiana homepage. To link a new traveler account to its appropriate planner(s), be sure to complete the travel planner fields at the bottom of the registration form. CTM will take this submission, find the planner profiles associated with the names provided and link the new traveler to that planner, or planners.

    Out of State Travel

    All out-of-state business travel by state employees, board and commission members, persons under contract with the state, and all others seeking state travel reimbursement must be reviewed and approved by the Travel Management Office. Those seeking to travel out of state must complete the Authorization for Out of State Travel form.

    Reimbursement Rates

  • Mileage Reimbursement Memo | (Feb. 12, 2016) 
  • Mileage Reimbursement Transparency Memo | (June 26, 2015)
  • Travel Expense

    Reimbursement Rate

    In-State Lodging


    Note: Taxes should be paid and reimbursed if in-State lodging is secured using a personal credit card. In-State lodging transactions using the State’s travel card program are tax exempt.

    Department of Revenue’s Informational Bulletin 41:

    General Sales Tax Exemption Certificate Form ST-105

    Airport Parking
    (maximum base rate)

    (If the facility charges airport fees and gas surcharges those may be reimbursed with an itemized receipt)


    .36 cents/mile
    (for all business miles driven)


    Downtown Rental Car Parking

    Effective Feb. 9, state employee travelers are prohibited from parking personal vehicles in government center garages and lots for the duration of their trip (including the WRSP garage and lot).  All personal vehicles are to be parked in the front lot of the Fleet Services Building located at 601 W. McCarty Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225. 

    Enterprise provides shuttle services to and from its rental office and the Fleet Services Building.  Travelers should call Enterprise at (317) 635-4340 no less than 1 hour prior to their reservation time to request and confirm pick-up.


    IDOA Parking Services


    All forms must be submitted to the IDOA Travel Office for approval. Incomplete forms may be delayed or may be returned to the submitting employee for completion.

    Instructions for Out of State Travel Authorization | .pdf

    Authorization for Out of State Travel | xls | pdf
    All state employees who are scheduled to travel outside of Indiana on state business must complete an Authorization for Out of State Travel form prior to their departure (State Form 823). The form outlines the employees expected itinerary as well as estimated travel expenses. Instructions detailing how this form should be completed are available above.  Although the five-part carbon set form is no longer required, the document (State Form 823 i.e “G-10”) must be provided with original signature with all supporting documentation, as required by policy, and submitted for approval. Original signatures are required in IDOA files, but are not required in your agency records.

    Travel Voucher | SF 980
    A Travel Voucher must be submitted after a state employee returns from business-related state travel. The travel voucher enables the employee to recoup actual travel-related expenses and enables the state to attribute those expenses to the appropriate state account.

    Certification for Missing Receipt | SF 42275
    The Certification for Missing Receipt form enables state employees who have traveled on behalf of the state to apply for reimbursement without a substantiating receipt.