The Indiana Partners for Pollution Prevention (Partners) is a group of businesses and other organizations that volunteer for a public-private partnership with IDEM to promote pollution prevention and environmental stewardship in Indiana. The Partners invite speakers to make presentations at conferences and quarterly meetings. IDEM provides this page on its Web site for those speakers to post the written materials from those presentations. IDEM does not review or edit the content of those presentations and therefore does not endorse the content of any presentation posted on this page.
Upcoming Partners for Pollution Prevention Quarterly Meetings
- December 8, 2016: Subaru of Indiana Automotive - Lafayette, Indiana
- Draft Agenda (All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST)):
- 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM: Registration and Networking
- 9:30 AM - 9:45 AM: Partners Update
- 9:45 AM - 10:30 AM: IDEM Updates
- 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM: Break and Networking
- 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM: Subaru Presentations
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM: Tour of Subaru Facility
- Registration and Directions
- April 6, 2017: Madison Precision Products/Madison Chemical - Clifty Falls State Park, Madison, Indiana
- Registration and Agenda (forthcoming)
Quarterly Meetings and Annual Conference Presentations
September 28, 2016, the 19th Annual Pollution Prevention Conference & Trade Show
Sustainability Presentations (Track A)
Success Story Presentations (Track B)
Water Presentations (Track C)
- Point-of-Use Drinking Water Treatment for Rural Communities in Developing Countries
- Professor Chad Jafvert, Purdue University
- Hot Topics in Wastewater Treatment [PDF]
- Jim Collins, Brenntag Mid-South, Inc.
- Biological Removal of Oils and Greases (Currently Unavailable)
- Pat Beamon, Archaea Solutions, Inc.
September 27, 2016, Toxic Use Reduction Training
June 15, 2016, Partners for Pollution Prevention Quarterly Meeting
- Environmental and Ecological Engineering: A Modern Approach to Environmental Engineering [PDF]
- John W. Sutherland, Professor and Fehsenfeld Family Head of Environmental and Ecological Engineering, Purdue University
- Resource Recovery from Wastewater [PDF]
- Ernest “Chip” Blatchley, Professor in Environmental and Ecological Engineering and Civil Engineering, Purdue University
- Legislative Update [PDF]
- Vince Griffin, Former Vice President, Energy and Environmental Policy, Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Partners Update [PDF]
- Mike Foster, Partners Executive Director, Eli Lilly
- IDEM Regulatory Update [PDF]
- Jennifer Collins, Assistance and Outreach Manager, IDEM
- Sustainability in the Energy Sector [PDF]
- Roshanak “Roshi” Nateghi, Assistant Professor in Environmental and Ecological Engineering and Industrial Engineering, Purdue University
April 13, 2016, Partners for Pollution Prevention Quarterly Meeting
- Safety Announcements / Facility Orientation [PDF]
- Ron Rothgerber, Sustainability Manager, Kimball International, Inc.
- Who We Are and What We Do [PDF]
- Greg Kuntz, Director of Research and Development, Kimball International, Inc.
- Robotics at 11th Ave. [PDF]
- Torrey West, National Office Furniture, Jasper 11th Avenue
- Southern Indiana Environmental Managers Group [PDF]
- Ed Callahan, August Mack Environmental
- Kimball Environmental Metrics [PDF]
- Keith Masterson, Director of Sustainability, Kimball International, Inc.
- E3 Project Success Stories [PDF]
- Kelly Weger, Lead Project Manager – Sustainability, Purdue Technical Assistance Program (PTATP)
- IDEM/CTAP Update [PDF]
- Jennifer Collins, IDEM; Angela Taylor, IDEM
- Partners Update [PDF]
- Michael Foster, Partners Executive Director, Eli Lilly
Historical Meeting Presentations
The following zipped files each contain a year’s worth of presentations. Many of them are quite large, over 20 megabytes (MB), and may take considerable time to download on slower internet connections.