Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Indiana Department of Environmental Management
Agency Metrics 2006
- Protect human health and the environment while providing permission for safe industrial, agricultural, commercial, and governmental operation vital to a prosperous economy.
|Annual Savings & Efficiencies - Elimination of Mgt Level ($000)
|One-Time Savings & Efficiencies - Reduction in Operating Budget ($000)
|Quality of Hoosiers' Environment|
|% of Hoosiers that live in counties that meet air quality standards
||1,176,770 of 6,271,973 above standards|
|% of CSO Communities with approved programs to prevent the release of untreated sewage
||75% by 2007 is goal|
Total calendar days accumulated in issuing environmental permits, as determined by state statute
|* Places emphasis on back logged permits|
Total percentage of compliance observations from regulated customers within acceptable compliance standards
|Continuous monitoring (COM)
|* Tracks observations and not just inspections|
Budgetary agency dollars spent on key outside contracts for core agency functions.
|Dollars spent on outside services per year
||Will require increase in head count to accomplish|
Fundamental Change Initiatives:
- Consolidating IT with IOT
- Eliminated a Management Level generating $405,250 in annual savings, included a Chief-of-Staff and 3 Deputy Commissioners.
- Head count: 948 verses a budget goal of 1078, includes part time and intermittent
- Moving forward with "Virtual File Cabinet" project
- Moving forward with reduction in 3rd party contract services for core functions
- Completed fiscal year 08 and 09 budget, addressed PROBE issues
- Completed fiscal analysis of dedicated fun accounts
Agency Metrics Archive