Agency Metrics 2005
- Protect human health and the environment while providing permission for safe industrial, agricultural, commercial, and governmental operation vital to a prosperous economy.
|Annual Savings & Efficiencies - Elimination of Mgt Level ($000)||$405||Headcount||Budget||30-Jun-05|
|Quality of Hoosiers' Environment|
|% of Hoosiers that live in counties that meet air quality standards||80%||100%||80%||4 counties @ 1,219,765 of 6,195,643 failed|
|% of CSO Communities with approved programs to prevent the release of untreated sewage||6%||100%||20%||75% by 2007 is goal|
|Air||614,433||207,731||385,000||Commissioner holding issuance until permit conditions resolved.|
|* Places emphasis on back logged permits|
|Continuous monitoring (COM)||98.95%||99.9%||98.95%|
|* Tracks observations and not just inspections|
|Dollars spent on outside services per year||$6,179,367||$0||$3,447,017||Will require increase in head count to accomplish|
Fundamental Change Initiatives:
- Create a mechanism to track total $ spent on outside services. The system is in-place but has a PeopleSoft™/GMIS module issue. It can track total spent but it is cumbersome to track individual contracts.
- Eliminated a Management Level generating $405,250 in annual savings, included a Chief-of-Staff and 3 Deputy Commissioners.
- Head count: 894 Full time plus 8 Part time (902) verses a budget goal of 1078, includes part time and intermittent
- Surplused vehicles 15.6%
- General fund budget reduction, per Ways and Means, totaling $1,303,593 FY'06
- General fund and dedicated fund budget reduction, per State Budget Agency, totaling $4,405,699 FY'06
- SWCAP contribution totaling $628,221