The Excess Liability Trust Fund (ELTF) provides a mechanism for the reimbursement of money spent by underground storage tank owners and operators on the cleanup of petroleum released from underground storage tanks. It also provides the Federally mandated financial assurance for owners and operators of underground petroleum storage tanks and a source of money for the indemnification of third parties.
- New Excess Liability Trust Fund FAQs [PDF]
- Download the ELTF Claim Status Report
- The latest version of 328 IAC 1 became effective on March 26, 2011
- Electronic copies of the Rule [PDF] are available on the Indiana General Assembly website
- This version applies to only that work conducted on or after March 26, 2011.
- Personnel rates listed are good until June 1, 2011 at which time they will be adjusted in accordance with the product price index (PPI) percentage from December 2010. Senior Tech has been eliminated.
- Personnel rates have changed. Rates are paid based on the task performed.
- Mileage rate is the same as the current Federal rate (0.57 cents/mile) established on January 1, 2013. This rate could change annually every January 1st.
- If you sign submittals on behalf of the owner/operator, a Power of Attorney form must be included.
The following forms are available on the IDEM Forms page:
- ELTF Application
- ELTF Site Categorization For Prioritization of Claims
- Scope of Work for LUST Sites State Form
- Notice of Intent to Purchase UST and Reinstate Eligibility
Laws, Regulations, & Policies