On June 16, 2014, the Indiana Career Council adopted Align, Engage, Advance: A Strategic Plan to Transform Indiana's Workforce.
The strategic plan has three pillars of transformation: system alignment, worker- and student-centric services, and demand-driven programs and investments. Each pillar has at least one objective to guide the Council's future work.
- Objective 1 - Provide a seamless system of partners that provides worker-centric and student-centric services
Worker- and Student-centric Services
- Objective 2 - Link career pathways to Indiana high wage, high demand careers for students and workers across the K-12, postsecondary and adult systems
- Objective 3 - Increase the number of students and adults who attain post-secondary skill certifications and degrees
- Objective 4 - Elevate the importance of work-and-learn models
Demand-driven Programs and Investments
- Objective 5 - Adopt a data-driven, sector-based approach that directly aligns education and training with the needs of Indiana’s regional economies