Location: East side of CR 625 E, 0.5 mile north of E. Union Road, 2 miles NE of Rays Crossing & SR 44. (Shelby County, Indiana)
Erected by the Shelby County Historical Society, 1959
ID# : 73.1959.1
Peter De Witt erected on this site in 1821 the first home in what is now Union Township, Shelby County.
Early Settlement and Exploration