Camp Anderson

Camp Anderson

Location: 2404 E. Michigan Boulevard at Carroll Street, Michigan City. (La Porte County, Indiana)

Erected 1996 Indiana Historical Bureau and McDonald's Restaurant

ID# : 46.1996.1

See also marker 46.1962.1 Civil War Camps.

Text

One of three Civil War training camps in La Porte County. Site is one fourth mile west. Named for Colonel Edward Anderson. Used 1863-1864 to train Indiana Union volunteers of the 127th, 128th, and 129th regiments.

Keywords

Military