Public Comment Period Information
The waiver approval process involves several steps. First, there was a 30-day formal public notice and comment period during which the public could review the waiver and submit comments to the State in writing either by mail or email. A draft of the waiver and other related documents were posted on the Healthy Indiana Plan website at http://www.hip.in.gov/ for review during this period. This public comment period ended June 21.
Public Conversations on the Future of Healthcare in Indiana
Governor Pence and top officials from his administration conducted public events at locations throughout the state to discuss HIP 2.0 and educate Hoosiers on the design of the plan and invite public comments during the public comment period. These events were held at the following dates and times:
- May 29, 2014, at 11:30 a.m. at Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center Education Centers in Mishawaka
- May 29, 2014, at 3:00 p.m. at Indiana University Northwest/IU School of Medicine-Northwest in Gary
- June 3, 2014, at 12:30 p.m. in the McReynolds Conference Room at IU Health Bedford Hospital in Bedford
- June 4, 2014, at 11:30 a.m. at the Southwest Indiana Chamber luncheon in Evansville
- June 9, 2014, at 11:00 a.m. at Hendricks Regional Health YMCA in Avon
- June 9, 2014, at 1:00 p.m. at Ivy Tech Community College Northeast in Fort Wayne
- June 13, 2014, at 11:00 a.m. at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Lafayette
- June 16, 2014, at noon at Memorial Lodge in Jasper
- June 16, 2014, at 9:30 a.m. at Community East Hospital in Indianapolis
In addition, during the public comment period, the State conducted two separate formal public hearings that could be attended in person or by phone or webcast.
- May 28, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. at the Indiana Government Center South, Conference Center Room-B, located at 302 West Washington Street in Indianapolis.
- May 29, 2014, at 1:00 p.m. at the Indiana Statehouse, Room 156 B, located at 200 West Washington Street in Indianapolis. Public entrances to the Statehouse are located on the east and west sides of the building.
Comments on both the HIP 2.0 waiver and contingency waiver were submitted via email, in person at the public hearings and through the US Mail and were summarized and submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) along with the waiver application. Click here to read the summary of public comments.
If you would like to inspect written comments, please contact the FSSA Office of General Counsel at HIP2.email@example.com or by telephone at 317-232-4640.