Aged, Blind and Disabled Task Force
Aged, Blind and Disabled Language
House Enrolled Act 1328 (HEA 1328), passed by the Indiana General Assembly in 2013, mandated that a report on the following language is due to the Health Finance Committee by December 15, 2013:
- Estimate of the cost savings to Indiana if Medicaid recipients who are eligible for Medicaid based on aged, blind or disabled status are enrolled in a risk-based managed care program, a managed fee-for-services program, or a home and community based services management program.
- Description of provisions for:
- Risk-based managed care program
- Managed fee-for-service program
- Home and community based services management program
- Provisions must include:
- Beneficiary choice of network and non-network providers
- Impact to enrollees during transition to the program
- Provider network and rate setting processes
- Coordination of care for dually eligible enrollees
- Whether all Medicaid recipients within the ABD category should be enrolled in a risk-based managed care program, managed fee-for-service program, or home and community based services management program.
- Provide a description of any group that should be excluded
- Whether participation of the ABD recipients in a risk-based managed care program, managed fee-for-service program, or home and community based services management program would:
- Reduce or eliminate supplemental payments under the Medicaid program that are received by non-state government entities
- Affect the collection and use of the health facility QAF, HAF, or any other provider assessment fee
To meet this mandate, the Family and Social Services Administration of Indiana (FSSA) has formed a task force of representatives of all five FSSA divisions to develop this report. This task force is working with no preconceived notions of the outcome of this process. In the interest of receiving input from all interested stakeholders, the FSSA ABD Task Force set public meetings on July 12, August 15, August 16 and August 19, 2013, and sought input from stakeholders via a survey.
Information about upcoming meetings may be found here.
To submit questions or inquiries about the ABD Task Force email ABDTaskforce@fssa.in.gov.
Additional information is available below:
- Magellan Complete Care IN White Paper (8/29/13)
- MHS - Options for Serving Aged, Blind and Disabled Medicaid Members (9/16/13)
- Community Health Network - Achieving the Triple Aim: Better Health and Better Care at Lower Costs (9/16/13)
- Community-Based Care Transition and the Indiana AAA Network (9/16/13)
- Indiana Health Care Association (9/16/13)
- Leading Age (9/16/13)
- Lifetime Resources - Redesigning the Delivery of Home and Community Based Services (9/16/13)
- ARC and Self Advocates (9/15/13)
- Utilizing the Community Mental Health System to Improve Indiana's Medicaid Delivery System (9/15/13)
- GRACE Team Care - Integration of Primary Care with Geriatrics and Community-Based Social Services (9/15/13)
IAHHC - Managed Care for the Aged, Blind and Disabled (9/15/13)
- INARF Presentation to FSSA ABD Task Force (9/15/13)