Incentives & Permits
An accommodation that is rented for thirty (30) days or more is exempt from both county innkeeper's tax and sales tax.
Film Indiana is here to assist with location scouting, to serve as a liaison with property managers and owners, to assist with street closings and to help with anything else you made need along the way. The state does not require nor issue permits, however, many city and state-owned properties do and we can help you get in touch with the proper people. You'll find Indiana to be extremely low-hassle with many possibilities for low-cost film, television and commercial production. See below for information on permitting for various locations across the state.
- Gary, Indiana, Office of Film & Television
For more information, please contact Ben Clement at email@example.com, (219) 644-7234.
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources Properties (state parks, fish & wildlife areas)
For more information, please contact Ginger Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org, (317) 232-4143.
- Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites Corporation Properties (interior museum spaces, state historic sites buildings and grounds)
For more information, please contact Kara S. Vetter at email@example.com, (317) 232-8179.
- Indianapolis Right-of-Way Permit Application
- Application Instructions
- For more information, please contact Dana Brill at firstname.lastname@example.org, (317) 327-8324.
If you need an officer on site, contact the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department at (317) 327-6525.
- Indy Parks (city-owned parks) Video & Photo Shoot Agreement
For more information, please contact Jennifer McGilvray at email@example.com, (317) 327-7035.
- Michigan City Parks Location Release